Westone 3 now £345 at PJBOX UK?
Dec 7, 2008 at 7:18 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 87

soozieq

Headphoneus Supremus
For anyone in the UK who remembers seeing a price of £265 for the W3, and thinking it was in line with the US price, well... take another look. The price is now £345 ($510). That's an increase of £80
confused_face.gif

Who would have set the initial price of £265? Westone? That's one hell of a price increase. I think there were a few UK'ers waiting patiently for PJBOX to get them in stock, and now they're in stock, the price has suddenly gone up by £80??

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:38 AM Post #2 of 87
I won't be buying them at that price irrespective of stockist, PJBox are having a laugh! £265 would be my limit for the W3.

Dec 7, 2008 at 8:48 AM Post #3 of 87
I think everybody should stop buying from PJBox full stop to be honest. Just for the sheer cheek of it. VAT has dropped by 2.5% and they think they can get away with ridiculously cheeky mark up like that?

It's insulting to consumers imo, especially in this current economic climate. I personally despise business institutes like that, who would rather throw away their integrity and respect to their customer base in place for a quick buck.

Dec 7, 2008 at 9:11 AM Post #4 of 87
I ordered yesterday from them at the £265 price, and they have now cancelled my order at that price and sent me a link that goes to a £310 price. I won't be taking it up.

So what's the next best option to the UK?

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #6 of 87
Holy crap, this is rubbish! Not sure what I'm going to do now
frown.gif

An £80 markup this late in the game due to the exchange rate? I smell BS to be honest - they are just cashing in on what has become a very sought after product due to initial reviews. I would have thought that they paid for their stock allocation before now anyway.

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:28 AM Post #7 of 87
I'm going to wait till Jan & hopefully import at a reasonable price.

Dec 7, 2008 at 10:37 AM Post #9 of 87
Did they take payment from anyone? I can't check my account right now but if they did take payment they are obligated to follow through with the purchase at the initial price (taking payment is an acceptance of the offer of a sale and completes your contract with them - ie, they can't legal back out of it).

edit: i've just checked my account and they had not charged me yet. bugger.

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:14 AM Post #10 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by NicktheNorse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did they take payment from anyone? I can't check my account right now but if they did take payment they are obligated to follow through with the purchase at the initial price (taking payment is an acceptance of the offer of a sale and completes your contract with them - ie, they can't legal back out of it).

Just checked my credit card, no charge at the moment at my card.

I placed my order in november shortly after they released the price. Exchange rate hasn't change so much since then
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 7, 2008 at 11:32 AM Post #11 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by mikemike99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just checked my credit card, no charge at the moment at my card.

I placed my order in november shortly after they released the price. Exchange rate hasn't change so much since then
confused_face_2.gif

Exchange rate excuse is absolute BS. Cashing in is what they're doing!

Dec 7, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #12 of 87
OMG just had a look at that site and they saying £345, looks like we have returned to the times when $ and £ seem to be directly convertible, given im sure i saw on here someone in the US got a pair for circa $260 when they got their ebay cashback offer from microsoft included. westone can go spin

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:04 PM Post #13 of 87
Bad bad business practice...dumb really.....

As the rules states:

For every positive experience, they will tell 9 people.
For every negative experience, the customer will tell 27 people.

It's either deceptive or dumb.
They so could of said say 'New Westone 3 Coming Soon to PJBOX!' with a nice front page banner etc and not advertise the price, therefore they have flexablity to change it if something arises.

But no, they = stupid.
Either that or deceptive.

See they could save the situation by issuing a PR statement of some sort quickly as to why the price hike but without one = leaves a very bad impression.
If they knew how to advertise properly, they wouldn't of got into this situation in the first place + could of easily made some recurring customers by providing a niche market (that being 'We have these uber headphones before anyone else') thus more revenue. Problem is that due to the nature of the headphone market and buyers, it's a tad hard to loss leader stuff.

Dec 7, 2008 at 1:14 PM Post #14 of 87
Right, we clearly need to just fob them off.

So where does leave us UK head-fiers? I'm toying with the idea of just importing them but if I'm unlucky with customs they'll end up costing more than the £302 we can get them from pjbox.

There must be other UK Westone dealers getting these in at some point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back