Westone 3 - my first experience = MUST HAVE !!
Oct 4, 2007 at 5:31 PM Post #46 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That was my only complaint with the E4C. I used them with a Super Macro III with the bass boost on and it was perfect!

When the E500's came out I thought "damn, only if the E4C had the E500 bass but left everything else about the E4C the same they would have been perfect!"... well for my ears
tongue.gif

edit - You can probably tell from the headphones I like that I prefer the vocals to be presented in a "in the chair next to you" or forward style. The E4C, UM2, ES2, PS-1 and D5000 all have what most would call a fairly forward presentation.

Plus you like a sh!tload of bass! lol Damn I was rocking out the PS-1s last night. I have got to get them balanced soon! Question is to recable or not to recable. That is for another thread, however...

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:36 PM Post #47 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rather take a seasoned headfiers opinions over the "professional" opinions. Ilounge and Cnet professionals? Haha!

Me too, at least you get loads of real opinions here. I do look at cnet reviews (and other 'professional' reviews) because sometimes it's the only place to find out about a product if it hasn't been released yet. But user reviews are much more helpful to me, so normally I like to wait until someone else has bought it first, and then reviewed it here
icon10.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:37 PM Post #48 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by Voltron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would have told the magnate that that was a load of garbage, but you said it so much nicer. Nicely played Matt -- you are so diplomatic [this early in the morning, anyway].
icon10.gif

Jinx--

you seem perfectly willing to shove your opinion down somebody else's throat -- "get real and have another listen..." -- so maybe you should rethink your comments about "just another head fie'er" and "mr. 4000 posts." Or maybe you should just hang out at iLounge if you think it is populated with such brilliant professional reviewers. I personally would take the opinion of MANY, MANY Head-Fiers over anybody on iLounge, "professional" or not, but that's me.

I happen to love my E500s and would dispute wakeride's comments on them, but I also happen to like the E4 sound because it is different from the E500. They have different flavors and strengths/weaknesses. Absolute comments made without any reference to such differences -- especially comments that refuse to take into account things like universal vs. custom molded IEMs -- undermine anyone's credibility around here. wakeride only said that hyperbole without substance doesn't get us anywhere, and he is right.

ok first things first i didnt say the posters on ilounge are any better or more pro than on here i said the reviewers are pro and have had much more experience than most on head fi.

and i was never undermining somebody, i was just saying that wakerider was being judgemental even tho he admits himself he has not read any or many reviews on ilounge, so how am i doing a bad thing or slagging anybody off.

seems to me too many people on head fi are way way too into it and dont except what other reviewers say or comment on...unless ofcourse its a reviewer on head fi with many thousands of posts
icon10.gif
big deal
rolleyes.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #49 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would rather take a seasoned headfiers opinions over the "professional" opinions. Ilounge and Cnet professionals? Haha!

well that right there is class one arse licking in my books, i certainly could not care less what head fi'ers say but i do respect others opinions, seems to me everybody around here is all head fi and no life, soz i wont be subjected to that intensity...i have respect like i said for people on head fi but i sure as hell wont take one persons opinions (especially someone with thousands of posts) and take that as the end all
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:58 PM Post #50 of 105
jinx-

Your posts are so confused and confusing that it is hard to respond. Here's a book you ought to read:

images

For someone so ready to disrespect Head-Fi you sure have racked up a lot of posts here in 3 months. I am a partner in a law firm, I have a wife and two kids, two houses, a lot of friends, and a love of music and the gear that makes it for me. Is that enough "life" for you?

And by the way, you are the only one with a brown nose in this thread because your head seems to be stuck pretty far up the butts of those professional iLounge reviewers. I don't take iLounge or CNET or whatever other professionals' opinions over Head-Fiers I know and respect just because somebody paid them a few bucks to write some drivel like those quotes in your sig. Give me a break. "We like the sound better out of our iPods..."
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
That really adds to the knowledge of the universe.

Oct 4, 2007 at 5:59 PM Post #51 of 105
Quote:

Jinx--

you seem perfectly willing to shove your opinion down somebody else's throat -- "get real and have another listen..." --

I personally would take the opinion of MANY, MANY Head-Fiers over anybody on iLounge, "professional" or not, but that's me.

Couldn't agree more. The 'professionals' have ears like the rest of us. They're not any more 'special' than our own ears. Just because a 'Pro' says something is superior, it doesn't mean it is. Just look at the wild differences between cnet reviews - and user reviews of the same product. I've seen cases where cnet award a product 8.3 - and over a hundred users rate the same product as 6.2?? The difference is that professionals 'test' the product and we actually 'use' it.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #52 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by wakeride74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When the E500's came out I thought "damn, only if the E4C had the E500 bass but left everything else about the E4C the same they would have been perfect!"... well for my ears
tongue.gif

Maybe you should give the SE420 a try. Sugarfried (of Shure) has said that the SE420 is very similar to a E4C with an extra woofer. I believe he also said the E500 used different drivers and was of a different origin.

Of note: I have some SE420 incoming today from Headroom. I also disliked the distant vocals of the E500. I won't be able to compare to E4C (only heard them for 15 minutes) but I will compare head-to-head with UM2 and ER4P.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #53 of 105
Quote:

jinx-

Your posts are so confused and confusing that it is hard to respond. Here's a book you ought to read:

images

For someone so ready to disrespect Head-Fi you sure have racked up a lot of posts here in 3 months. I am a partner in a law firm, I have a wife and two kids, two houses, a lot of friends, and a love of music and the gear that makes it for me. Is that enough "life" for you?

And by the way, you are the only one with a brown nose in this thread because your head seems to be stuck pretty far up the ***** of those professional iLounge reviewers. I don't take iLounge or CNET or whatever other professionals' opinions over Head-Fiers I know and respect just because somebody paid them a few bucks to write some drivel like those quotes in your sig. Give me a break. "We like the sound better out of our iPods..."
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Bwahahahahahhahahahhahahahahahhahahaa

BTW: The Carnegie book is good. It is well worth $6.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #54 of 105
Quote:

jinx-

images

And by the way, you are the only one with a brown nose in this thread because your head seems to be stuck pretty far up the ***** of those professional iLounge reviewers. . . . just because somebody paid them a few bucks to write some drivel like those quotes in your sig. Give me a break. "We like the sound better out of our iPods..."
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry - but ^^^ made me laugh out loud
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #55 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i certainly could not care less what head fi'ers say but i do respect others opinions

THEN GO AWAY!!!

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:09 PM Post #56 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by gtp /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of note: I have some SE420 incoming today from Headroom. I also disliked the distant vocals of the E500.

I'd be interested to hear what you think of them. I had them but sold them within days because I felt the vocals were muffled. I've since read (on here of course) that the 'muffledness' is reduced when they're amped. I had no plans to use an amp, so it wouldn't have made any difference anyway. But I'd like to know what you think of the vocals.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #57 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well that right there is class one arse licking in my books, i certainly could not care less what head fi'ers say but i do respect others opinions, seems to me everybody around here is all head fi and no life, soz i wont be subjected to that intensity...i have respect like i said for people on head fi but i sure as hell wont take one persons opinions (especially someone with thousands of posts) and take that as the end all
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL, man oh man, you are a piece of work. I have to say I admire your spirit, although your arguments are pretty full of holes. Honestly, there's enough examples of that for me to write a dissertation . For instance, above you paint "everybody around here" as "all head fi and no life," but you are approaching 1,000 posts in three months. Why is it that when jinx posts to a thread, at least half the time it turns into a jinx thread? Somehow they always gets hijacked...

You might feel like you're being persecuted jinx, but reason tells me you're provoking people. I have two thoughts on why this is. First, your posts are so high in volume. You post so many times to a single thread, it almost feels like you're "flooding" in a chat room. Other people's posts get whisked away from sight because of your frequent postings, which by the way usually come in 2-Packs or 3-Packs. I would suggest taking some more time to compose a thoughtful argument, check it for spelling and grammar, drink a soda, check it again for grammar, and then submit your reply.

Second, you have such a transparent agenda to push the 530s at every chance. You are starting with a conclusion, and then arranging your facts to support it, when it should be the other way around (see: President Bush). Now, I am a Shure-man myself; the 530s are my drug of choice after trying both the E4 and the UM2. But you're not doing Shure any favors by pushing their product so recklessly on these boards - you're making too many enemies.

I think you should tone things down. My opinion. I also can't help but get the sense that you're a real sweet kid, net etiquette aside. You have handled other people's animosity with impressive grace. Please forgive me if you're actually 40 years old or something.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:20 PM Post #58 of 105
Quote:

Originally Posted by soozieq /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd be interested to hear what you think of them. I had them but sold them within days because I felt the vocals were muffled. I've since read (on here of course) that the 'muffledness' is reduced when they're amped. I had no plans to use an amp, so it wouldn't have made any difference anyway. But I'd like to know what you think of the vocals.

Uh-Oh. I didn't want to read that. I (like Wakeride74) prefer more forward vocals and hoped the SE420 would have more forward vocals than the E500. I'll give them a try with an open mind.

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:24 PM Post #59 of 105
Quote:

Uh-Oh. I didn't want to read that. I (like Wakeride74) prefer more forward vocals and hoped the SE420 would have more forward vocals than the E500. I'll give them a try with an open mind.

Oh sorry
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
. . . that was just my experience (and someone elses) but other reviews have been positive. . . so take it with a pinch of salt. I didn't feel the SE420 vocals were more distant than the E500 - just that they seemed muffled, like playing a record with dust on the needle?

Oct 4, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #60 of 105
Quote:

Matt told me the same thing and I came damn near to grabbing a pair but when I talked to Headroom they said the 420's vocals were a little distant, or at least more so than the E4C but less than the E500.

I went from the E500 to the UM2 because of bass. The vocal proximity was about the same but the UM2 lacked the lushness (is that a word?
tongue.gif
) of the E4's mid range but since the vocals were still sweet (especially for female vocals) and the bass was slamin I opted for the UM2.

... then ES2 and now UE-11... Custom 3 eventually as well... define gluttony!

Quote:

Plus you like a sh!tload of bass! lol Damn I was rocking out the PS-1s last night.

You're not that far from me with as flat as your pads have become they are damn close to flats
basshead.gif
icon10.gif
I was listening to mine last night too... TOOL just rocks on the PS-1
eggosmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back