Westone 3 Limited Edition?
Feb 8, 2010 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

.coco

500+ Head-Fier
Does anybody know anything about the W3LE IEMs? I have not found any definitive reviews about them. On their website, they claim that the components are hand picked, does that mean that they are just very balanced W3s? Or do they actually use different, higher end, components?

Feb 8, 2010 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 7
Don't quote me on this, but I recall reading a while back when they were released that they are the same as the W3 regular edition, just with some extras and different coloring scheme. Maybe they do hand pick the BAs for the best balance, I don't know.

Feb 22, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by .coco /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does anybody know anything about the W3LE IEMs? I have not found any definitive reviews about them. On their website, they claim that the components are hand picked, does that mean that they are just very balanced W3s? Or do they actually use different, higher end, components?

The drivers are hand picked to match within 2dB between left and right. Headphone Addict has a pair. He maybe able to give some feedback on them.

Feb 22, 2010 at 7:27 PM Post #4 of 7
I hope all of them are to within 2dB between sides. That's not exactly a tiny difference. I assume it means across the frequency spectrum. Not doing so really does mess up the sound stage, and you will get a wandering center image as the frequency range moves up and down, not good.

My impression of them was that they were simply a limited edition color scheme.

Feb 23, 2010 at 5:41 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by mvw2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hope all of them are to within 2dB between sides. That's not exactly a tiny difference. I assume it means across the frequency spectrum. Not doing so really does mess up the sound stage, and you will get a wandering center image as the frequency range moves up and down, not good.

My impression of them was that they were simply a limited edition color scheme.

My apologies, I meant between freq's.

Jul 11, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #7 of 7
its the same as the reguler w3 just with the extras and different colour, i was gonna get them but it werent woth the extra cash just for a different colour and the extras which aint no use to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back