Westone 3 is selling mud CHEAP in China, as little as $290!!
Dec 10, 2008 at 8:10 AM Post #16 of 46
I wonder how the chinese dealer stuffed up in the first place with regard to the pricing of the Westone 3's. I don't really know how or whether Westone regulates pricing, but I assume that they would give guidelines on how much dealers should charge. I highly doubt that Westone would have given them the price of CNY1980 (USD290) as that would cannabalise the sales of the UM2s. It seems hardly likely that this price will ripple to the rest of the world as this seems to be a stuff up on the dealers side and not set by Westone themselves.

A note to US head-fiers: Its hardly that unfair actually because many bought it via ebay with live cashback duing the 25-30% period. So you could at any given time have paid 240 to 320 USD. (unfortunately that doesn't apply to internationals and people considering buying now with live cashback at 8%, now that would be unfair).

Edit: This doesn't affect me though because I'm not considering the 3's at this time
tongue.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #17 of 46
That was me who mentioned this in another thread. And this make the Chinese IEMs market a holy mess (at least for now). No one is going to buy UM2 since only 200cny difference to W3 and TF10, SE530 are also impacted, sharply. I'd expect to see those competitors to drop the price sooner or later...

Who's the winner? alway consumers.

Dec 10, 2008 at 8:56 AM Post #18 of 46
Someone needs to get a few of these to sell on to UK H.Fiers!
wink.gif
We're getting royally raped.

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:31 AM Post #20 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yes, I m from china and i can prove this is true. many have got their brand new cheap w3 already.

the problem for foreign travelers is that they may find it is not that easy to locate those shops.

This is my exact problem, and is probably why I'll end up buying in HK.

Does anyone know the Australian pricing for Westone 3s?

Dec 10, 2008 at 9:39 AM Post #21 of 46
is this awesome price also valid in Shanghai? i have a friend who is going there..maybe i can ask her to get for me.

Dec 10, 2008 at 11:36 AM Post #25 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been paying close attention to the news in China, and never learn about the national wide sale or government cash back. I don't think that was a very reliable news.

Only if TVBS-Asia (Taiwan based TV station, in Chinese) was reporting fake news last night.

[edit] here is the news report on the 50% off discount on electronic. Here is the news report on the 13% government cash back, through it seems to only apply to farming community / families and limited to buying TV, washing machine,cellphone, and refrigerator. All in Chinese.

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #26 of 46
Why doesn't 'someone' from HK buy a nice batch of these and then get them on ebay, making themselves some profit by selling them to people like us in the UK, so we don't have to pay the extortionate UK prices?
wink.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:06 PM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mors /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why doesn't 'someone' from HK buy a nice batch of these and then get them on ebay, making themselves some profit by selling them to people like us in the UK, so we don't have to pay the extortionate UK prices?
wink.gif

Good idea
beerchug.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 1:55 PM Post #28 of 46
I am Chinese, I'd say tech gadget here are more expensive, as for IEMs, here you can get your best best deal. westone 3 for around $ 290. and even lower for triples and se530s. $100 for se210 $150 for se310, $200 for se 420, $150 for SF 5pro $ 170 for er4p and that's it.

Dec 10, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #29 of 46
Technically the people from HK don't get to experience this (cheap) price directly because the HK market and the mainland market are seperate with different taxing policies etc. However that doesn't stop us from going into say shenzhen to source our audio gear given the buyer is familiar with the stores there.

Dec 10, 2008 at 4:46 PM Post #30 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So who's up for a head-fi tour of China? Little dot factory to sweep up some cheap tube amps, Cheap Westone 3s and other good stuff?
tongue.gif

I am heading to China tomorrow, so I can grab some then sell on head-fi if any one intrested. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back