Westone 3 is selling mud CHEAP in China, as little as $290!!
Dec 10, 2008 at 4:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

tottiflames

100+ Head-Fier
When the W3 first came out, the price in China was around 2980 yuan($438). 4 days after the official release, the Westone authorized distributors of China lower their price to 1980 yuan($290).(No kidding, that just happened over night, a 1000 yuan($147) dive). And now all the retailor in China are selling the W3 at that price. (There is no need to suspect the authenticity of the W3 and they all come with 2 year warranty from Westone)

I guess the retailors around the world will probably match that price soon.
wink.gif

Let's wait....

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:17 AM Post #5 of 46
This whole event was quite dramatic. Let me just get this straight.

There are three westone authorized distributors in China, they receive products from westone directly, and then they distribute them to the sub-distributor, retailors, or sell them on their online shops. The control of the price is in their hands. It turned out that one of the distributor first lowered the price, the other two held back for couple days, and now all lower to the same price.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:22 AM Post #6 of 46
Hmm, I will be in Shengzhen and Hong Kong in around Jan, so if the price stays that low I'm definitely buying a pair (Provided I like them more than TF10s of course).

My question is: How do you tell if they are legit stores or not? One of the reasons I usually shop in HK more than Mainland is because its easier to tell whether a store is legit or not.

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:31 AM Post #8 of 46
If you go to Westone's website, and search for the Dealer and dispenser in China and Hongkong, you will find, Beijing Anrun East Tech Co Ltd (This is the one who first lowered the price) and Kingsound Audio System Co.(HongKong).

Dec 10, 2008 at 5:35 AM Post #9 of 46
Just so everyone know that China is currently holding a nation wide electronic sale (thou mainly on made-in-China electronic) which is something like 50% off + 13% government cash back. The main purpose is to encourage public to spend more money to improve the economy but it also affect all other sector of the market as well, hence why you see retailer starts to discount madly trying to get people to buy stuff.

Dec 10, 2008 at 6:06 AM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just so everyone know that China is currently holding a nation wide electronic sale (thou mainly on made-in-China electronic) which is something like 50% off + 13% government cash back. The main purpose is to encourage public to spend more money to improve the economy but it also affect all other sector of the market as well, hence why you see retailer starts to discount madly trying to get people to buy stuff.

I have been paying close attention to the news in China, and never learn about the national wide sale or government cash back. I don't think that was a very reliable news. (It is practically impossible for a market so large like China to comply with the "50% off" plan, and also impossible for the government to do the 13% cash back on all domestic electronic sales. That way, the government will probably bankrupt in 1 week)

I rather beleive that this price adjustment of W3 is because of the competition..

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:30 AM Post #12 of 46
Quote:

I rather beleive that this price adjustment of W3 is because of the competition..

Yes That is what we want in our part of the world. I am waiting till dust settles and prices stabilize. It is bound to happen. I have a good experiance when Canon 50D SLR came to market. I wanted to upgrade and got impatient. I found about two weeks after prices in UK shockingly lower than the price i got.
triportsad.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:38 AM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by tottiflames /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have been paying close attention to the news in China, and never learn about the national wide sale or government cash back. I don't think that was a very reliable news. (It is practically impossible for a market so large like China to comply with the "50% off" plan, and also impossible for the government to do the 13% cash back on all domestic electronic sales. That way, the government will probably bankrupt in 1 week)

u got it
we don't have such a wide sales promotion
it's not true and it's impossible

but i thought it's not a isolated condition
we can now buy a Sennheiser IE 8 from amazon.co.uk @ £177.00 + £4.39shipping about 1854 Chinese yuan
and in china the official dealer sell it @3599 Chinese yuan
almost double
confused_face_2.gif

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:44 AM Post #14 of 46
yes, I m from china and i can prove this is true. many have got their brand new cheap w3 already.

the problem for foreign travelers is that they may find it is not that easy to locate those shops.

Dec 10, 2008 at 7:50 AM Post #15 of 46
about the nation wide sale promotion
there's no relationship with the urban people and headphones

the government plans to sell tvs,fridges to the countryside market and gave the countryside people a lot of subsidy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back