westone 3...early 2009!!
May 31, 2008 at 7:15 PM Post #16 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i think we should not make any more westone 3 announcments untill theres actuall product coming out of a manufacturing facility,

That would be the ideal for sure.
Let it rest until the Westone 3 are actually released and available for delivery.

May 31, 2008 at 8:28 PM Post #17 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be the ideal for sure.
Let it rest until the Westone 3 are actually released and available for delivery.

im happy to go with that, i just cant understand how anybody could have gotton a listen at the final product because if it was final it would have hit the shelves a long time ago i dont care what sort of packaging problems they claimed to have.

its ofcourse only fair to not bash them when they have no release date but its just baffling when we see alot of praise for phones that are clearly not close to ready for launch.

i feel a bit bad for bringin up another where is westone 3 thread but im happy to let it rest...in peace
tongue.gif

Jun 1, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #19 of 31
i dont know if ill even bother trying them when they come out,

this is poor fishing technique westone, leave the fish on the hook long enough, it will wriggle free

come on ue, waiting for that quad universal
biggrin.gif

Jun 1, 2008 at 6:05 AM Post #20 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Al4x /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont know if ill even bother trying them when they come out,

this is poor fishing technique westone, leave the fish on the hook long enough, it will wriggle free

Same for me!
The Westone 3 massive delay have totally turned me off from Westone. Bad selling technique indeed.
frown.gif

Simple said. I have lost my faith in them, and don't see myself buying any of their products again.

Jun 2, 2008 at 1:33 PM Post #22 of 31
I think we should hold off on any kind of pronouncements until we have a final product. We can't possibly judge how it will compete sonically with the Shures, UEs, and what not with so little experience.

As far as us buying or not buying the 3 because of the delay - we could all go to Hell right this minute and we would not make a dent in Westone's sales, so I sincerely doubt that anything we do would be important to them except as a glorified focus group. So, when we are asked for input, and actually listened to, I think we should feel grateful rather than demanding.

Personally, I have no interest in the 3 but I have heard that a new 3-driver custom would follow, and I am definitely interested in that.

Jun 2, 2008 at 2:00 PM Post #23 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same for me!
The Westone 3 massive delay have totally turned me off from Westone. Bad selling technique indeed.
frown.gif

Simple said. I have lost my faith in them, and don't see myself buying any of their products again.

I don't really understand this viewpoint. This isn't like the earlier mentioned Duke Nukem Forever that would clearly just be a sad joke at this point if it were to somehow be cobbled together for release, it's an audio product. It's value if/when it comes to market is going to be based on its sound quality versus price, that's it. So what if you got all excited to try it out when they first said it would be out, it's a headphone, it's going to sound just as good (or not) whenever it gets here. You see threads every day with people mentioning their 5, 10, 20, even 30 year old gear and how great it sounds, is Westone's triple driver IEM going to somehow automatically suck just because it was delayed longer than your pre-release excitement held?

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #24 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't really understand this viewpoint. This isn't like the earlier mentioned Duke Nukem Forever that would clearly just be a sad joke at this point if it were to somehow be cobbled together for release, it's an audio product. It's value if/when it comes to market is going to be based on its sound quality versus price, that's it. So what if you got all excited to try it out when they first said it would be out, it's a headphone, it's going to sound just as good (or not) whenever it gets here. You see threads every day with people mentioning their 5, 10, 20, even 30 year old gear and how great it sounds, is Westone's triple driver IEM going to somehow automatically suck just because it was delayed longer than your pre-release excitement held?

No! I am not talking about the product itself and its sound quality compared to other similar product.

I am talking about their marketing and deliverance (or lack of delivery). They announced the Westone 3 in April 2007, with a release date some three weeks later. Aka May 2007.
Then they all of a sudden decided to not release it. Then stay silent for 12 months before they finally stood out telling that it will be further delayed for at least 7-8 months.

Thats enough for me to be back out and stay clear of them. Not able to trust them after this.
I am sure some of you have different thoughts though..
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:26 PM Post #25 of 31
stuff happens, a manufacturing or design issue that forced them to start from scratch, im just saying, the recent drops in price of the SE530 and Triple.fi 10 are going to make the target market for the westone 3 a hard one to crack, but we should hold judgment untill they have been released, when they come out, if they are well priced and sound good, i see no reason why we should not pick up a pair,

Jun 2, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #27 of 31
These look nice, but Westone flopped it with the delays. I wonder how many customers they've lost to Shure and UE in the process?

I am interested to see how these pan out. here's hoping all those delays went towards R&D and perfecting the IEM. They could be quite special.

Jun 2, 2008 at 6:42 PM Post #28 of 31
Quote:

Originally Posted by Naim.F.C /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am interested to see how these pan out. here's hoping all those delays went towards R&D and perfecting the IEM. They could be quite special.

Precisely. I don't spend money because of hype (well, usually...
redface.gif
), I spend it because someone or spmething delivers what I'm looking for at the price I'm willing to spend.

IF they've used this time to refine the product based on the competition, then they could be the high end leaders instead of UE/shure - there's new customers for this sort of stuff everyday and they'll buy what's best then.

Besides, I've lurked here long enough to know that a lot of the complainers will still find themselves unable to resist selling off a couple of lesser used cans to give them a try when they finally come out
wink.gif

Jun 2, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #29 of 31
I'm sure the "3" would still be a big hit if it turns out to be as good as it has been hyped up to be. No doubt many SE530/T.fi10Pro users will be willing to switch. I mean, who doesn't want a better sounding IEM?

Jun 3, 2008 at 7:14 PM Post #30 of 31
Either-

Westone is not really serious about the new product and it is on the back burner because it certainly shouldn't take another SEVEN MONTHS to finalize a product.

OR

They are purposely delaying intro since they completely missed the timing of th eintro into 3 driver IEM's. Eight months from now, many people may be getting bored with their TFP's and SE530's and would be quicker to ditch/trade them for Westone 3. I personally would be willing to do that moreso in 8 more months than I would if they came out today. Funny thing is though...Shure or UE may have yet another new product of their own introduced by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back