Westone 3 are soooo overated
Jan 15, 2009 at 3:57 PM Post #2 of 49
The Westone 3 is highly (I cannot stress this enough) dependent on what tips you use.

But in the long run, I do agree that if you're looking to analyze music with the Westone 3, you're going to be setting yourself up for disappointment. These are fun-based IEMs, bar none.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #3 of 49
This thread is starting out on a constructive note. Looks like it's headed in the direction of intelligent discourse to me!
rolleyes.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 49
For me, the Westone 3 is worth every penny. I love it and able to wear them at work for more than 4 hours a day. i did notice sibilance only on bad recordings and low bit rate encording.

BTW - I'm not a fanboy of any brand.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:04 PM Post #7 of 49
Enough already with the W3 threads. This should have been added to the other W3 threads. I like my W3s, not overrated to me. Others agree. Others disagree. I think it's time to stop analyzing and either just listening or returning/selling. This horse has been beaten to death more than once. The W3 threads are really starting to become meaningless. It's all been said at this point in my view.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:10 PM Post #9 of 49
I actually posted this to prove that a W3 thread will do a ton at the moment when other threads are simply ignored, your all W3 daft.
I was disappointed by them though, probably need a few more dayys to get used to the new signature.

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:26 PM Post #10 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually posted this to prove that a W3 thread will do a ton at the moment when other threads are simply ignored, your all W3 daft.
I was disappointed by them though, probably need a few more dayys to get used to the new signature.

What's with this recent trend where people start threads just "for the lulz"?
rolleyes.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #11 of 49
Quote:

You mean your overrated and underrated thread? I didn't ignore it. I read your post, but it sucks so I didn't reply.

Jan 15, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #13 of 49
Quote:

tried them today, wow what a disappointment , my er4ps are better balanced andmy god the sibilance is as bad as they have said ssshhhhhocking!

Enjoy your vacation.

Padlock this thread and lets move on to more constructive topics.

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:04 PM Post #15 of 49
I don't think anyone should be raked over the coals for starting yet-another-thread about anything. If you like it, post something here, if not, move on. With that said, I wish the opening post would be more descriptive of the problems. For those of us who plan on purchasing the Westone 3's or the IE8's, we need all the information we can get. I am absolutely torn between the two and I wish there were some way I could audition both before making a decision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back