Westone 3 are soooo overated
Jan 15, 2009 at 6:22 PM Post #16 of 49
Be careful with those W3s, fellas. The cables could spontaneously combust at any moment.
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:33 PM Post #18 of 49
Westone 3 are GREAT.
Not enought expensive for me, compare to some others...

Jan 15, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #20 of 49
I think if you really like your detail, go with W3 otherwise IE8. I hear IE8 treble is similar to SE530. As much as I like SE530 I always desired just a tad more treble detail. Everything else was fine. I was fortunate to get a good fit with W3 (complys) and there is really no area that (for my preferences) needs tweaking. Treble is just how I want it.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #21 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by forsberg /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Don't jinx me (no pun intended)!

Now forsberg, you know darned well that pun was intended.
tongue.gif

And spot on I'd say.

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #22 of 49
Freedom of speech and all that jazz! Censorship is a bad thing!

Does anyone fancy loaning me a pair of Westpwn 3's so I can do a head to head with my UE11?

I will give you much good Karma in return.

Bevis a tout!

Jan 15, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #24 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Freedom of speech and all that jazz! Censorship is a bad thing!

Does anyone fancy loaning me a pair of Westpwn 3's so I can do a head to head with my UE11?

I will give you much good Karma in return.

Bevis a tout!

Since when did Head-fi have freedom of speech?!
tongue.gif

Jan 15, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #25 of 49
The W3 are placebo. They aren't even in production yet.
?
what does it mean ?
Nota :
Not enought expensive ...Was a Jock.
Seriously i prefer UM2.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:16 AM Post #26 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rico67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Seriously i prefer UM2.

(Currently own both)

I'd say maybe UM2 is more true to the music, and I like UM2 but next to Westone 3, maybe a little more boring and the highs are definitely a little rolled off.

W3 is kind of like UM2 on steriods where everything comes alive. It is hard to explain unless you can hear it. Earphone Solutions reviews talked about a rolling EQ and I can relate to what they are talking about.

Jan 16, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally Posted by doomlordis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
tried them today, wow what a disappointment , my er4ps are better balanced andmy god the sibilance is as bad as they have said ssshhhhhocking!

Have you tried dunking them into a cup of hot coffee? Apparenly it'll perk them right up.
wink_face.gif

Jan 16, 2009 at 7:53 AM Post #28 of 49
Westone 3 are wonderful, but it's MANDATORY you test all the tips.

I have a friend who bought ones one week ago, tested them with one concrete tips and he said "oh, what a crap, there is no bass here, What?....i will sell them".
After that, he tried with olive-foams and triple-flanges tips and the sound became SO good. Seem a totally different headphone with that tips. I heard them and was incredible the sound change.

Before take any wrong conclusion, please try all the tips till you find the one which best fits your ear. Sound will become MUCH better, you will see.
And i'm not comparing them with other IEMs, but Westone3 are REALLY wonderful IEMs.

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:01 AM Post #29 of 49
I dont find them overrated at all. but thats just me and i'm using UM56 so no tip issues or sibilance for me
atsmile.gif
not that I ever did get any sibilance withanything but the short comply and single flange silicone

Jan 16, 2009 at 8:22 AM Post #30 of 49
W3 worth every single penny I spent, even more I think they are under priced for what they really are, the best in the market I have ever heard, I would still take it even it cost $500, I mean SHure went up to $500 when it just came out, and I actually prefer W3 more than Shure (personal thing)...

Certainly, Westone 3 is Underrated for the negative feedbacks it received...IMO!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back