Westone 3 and Portable AMPs
Feb 5, 2009 at 5:49 PM Post #16 of 26
thanks for all the great info. i am looking into the mustang. i was wondering if there is anything more compact than a mustang that is also good? or is the mustang the size that portable amps just come in.

secondly, when i buy the mustang do i need to buy another cord like the ALO SXC 18G LOD or does it come with the mustang?

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #17 of 26
Mustang does not comes with LOD, you need one if you want to use line out from iphone or ipod, it is not needed but preferred. you can use mini to mini by connecting headphone out to amp, a LOD will bypass internal amp of ipod.

ALO SXC 18G LOD, is probably the most expensive LOD out there. i don't think I can hear the difference. I use the one made my "Lil' Knight", a fraction of cost and very good quality.

Feb 5, 2009 at 5:58 PM Post #18 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengilang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for all the great info. i am looking into the mustang. i was wondering if there is anything more compact than a mustang that is also good? or is the mustang the size that portable amps just come in.

secondly, when i buy the mustang do i need to buy another cord like the ALO SXC 18G LOD or does it come with the mustang?

The mustang is pretty much as small as high-quality portables come. The FiiO E3/5 are smaller (~$10-25), but people say they produce a bit of hissing. The iBasso T4 is also smaller, but has shielding problems, so if you put it near any other electronics (or make phone calls near it...) it will buzz/hiss as well.

You will need to buy the cable separately unfortunately.

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:45 PM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by chengilang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks alot.

which company's mp3 players do you all recommend? Apple? cowon? Microsoft?

I use iPhone, cell and ipod in one plus it is a very good source.

Unless it is head splitting loud, it should not damage the W3.

Feb 5, 2009 at 7:54 PM Post #24 of 26
okay thanks i think i am all set.

it was pretty loud. i maxed it out by accident. i hope i didn't damage it.

thanks alot jc. last question, is there a way to know if i damage my IEM?

Feb 5, 2009 at 8:20 PM Post #26 of 26
I would be more worried about the damage done to your ears.IMO best source with amp IMOD/DIYMOD or if you are dedicated enough you could build yourself an iRiver based portable rig with external dac/amp via optical. best daps via HP out with no amp IMO would be touch 2G, iphone 3G, X5, the kenwood players are supposed to be wicked, but pricey.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back