Westlake Electronic Supply-Great Prices
Sep 30, 2003 at 3:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

itza2mer

500+ Head-Fier
I've posted about them before, but I feel like I must do so again.

I ordered:

10 feet of Mogami Quad 2534 for .65 a foot
10 feet of Carare Quad 4E6S for .39 a foot
4 Canare 3.5 mm mono plugs for $2.55 each
2 Canare 1/4" stereo plugs for $2.40 each

Total cost: $ 25.40 plus $5.75 for USPS
They ship USPS first class, UPS and Fedex

Unlike other online shops, Westlake does not charge extra handling fees, nor do they force you to place a minimum
order.

http://www.westlake-electronic.com/

Sep 30, 2003 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 14
I like the fact that they have a nice layout with picures of the items

I dont like the fact that the page didnt work in opera, in fact I did not like that at all

So... In addition to the two cables you ordered, I see they also have belden cable, what would be the best for ic's? with that price one might be tempted to buy a few and do a shootout, any sugestions?

what about cable for internal wiering on amps...

Sep 30, 2003 at 5:31 PM Post #3 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Bonkura
I like the fact that they have a nice layout with picures of the items

agree
Quote:

I dont like the fact that the page didnt work in opera, in fact I did not like that at all

Even with IE6, the site can be hard to navigate.
Quote:

So... In addition to the two cables you ordered, I see they also have belden cable, what would be the best for ic's? with that price one might be tempted to buy a few and do a shootout, any sugestions?

Off the top of my head, Head-Fi member Orpheus favors Canare wire, and Head-Fier Wallijohn has used the Mogami 2534. I would PM either of them for advice, or do a search, for example "Belden IC" for recommendations from others.
Quote:

what about cable for internal wiering on amps...

Hopefully, others that have more experience than I do will reply to this thread with that answer.

Sep 30, 2003 at 7:36 PM Post #5 of 14
Thanks for the heads-up. I'll probably place an order there tonight.

btw, under Audio-Video\Sony, they have the MDR-7506 "headset" listed for $100. Not bad.

Sep 30, 2003 at 8:28 PM Post #6 of 14
they don't seem to have the belden 89259 (needed for IC), the 1585 (for CAT5 speakers wires) or the 83803/2 (for ac power cords)

mad.gif

Sep 30, 2003 at 8:42 PM Post #7 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by Bonkura
Thanks! Too bad they werent so stocked in the techflex department tho... would be nice to get all supplies for a cable form one place

Try http://cableorganizer.com/

Prices are pretty good, good selection of colors. They sell Techflex by the foot. No minimum order requirement or added handling costs.

Sep 30, 2003 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 14
nice

thanks again.

So betwen these two u can get all thats needed, connectors, wire, heat shrink tubes & techflex...

That canare cable is extremely cheap tho, almost to make u wonder if it can be any good, but the reviews do speak for themselves

Sep 30, 2003 at 11:43 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by dokebi
Nice links. They should be put in the DIY Resource sticky on top of this forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

I've notified the Moderator about the links. He's already listed Westlake Electronics.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2003 at 7:15 PM Post #12 of 14
Canare makes it in several colors. Some vendors might only carry black, or require you to buy a full spool of color. I was able to buy in colors from Markertek on a per-foot basis.

Westlake may do the same, or maybe they only carry black in order to have such a good price.

Oct 8, 2003 at 9:15 PM Post #13 of 14
Oh yes Westlake Electronics is a great place. The Last time i went in that store to get some Nurtrik Locking Headphone jacks at less than $5.00 Ea. I also picked up some Canare Mini Phone Plugs and some Canare RCA Plugs to make a Mini to RCA interconect. Nice to have such a wide selection Local. Oh ya I also just had to get another Pair of Sony MDR-7505 Headphones my old ones were in need of new ear Pads.

BTW i also noticed that thay had spools of Canare cable in Blue, Black, Yellow. Both the Silver and Black Nurtrik Jacks. and the Best price on good quality RCA panel mount Jacks.

Oct 13, 2003 at 8:15 PM Post #14 of 14
I ordered 2-1/4" Stereo Canare plugs from Westlake, and they accidently sent me 2-3.5 mm Canare stereo plugs. I e-mailed them about the mistake, and they offered to send me the correct plugs free of charge (and they let me keep the 3.5 mm plugs).

1 week later, the replacement plugs had not arrived (lost in the mail, I guess). I e-mailed them again to ask if they had mailed out the replacement plugs, since they had not arrived. They went ahead and mailed me 2 more 1/4" plugs, and those plugs arrived 3 days later, free of charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back