West Sydney "mini" meet- July 5th 2009
Jun 16, 2009 at 2:17 PM Post #62 of 94
hi nickyboyo, i'm interested to attend this meet as a listener. can i join you guys?

i only have a humble rig consisting of an AUDIOTRAK imAMP (upgraded with an AD8620), a TEC TC-7510 24/96 DAC and a Beyerdynamic DT250 (250 ohms).

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes mate, there is room
wink.gif

I pm'ed Shiki this morning. I think we will be at the limit for full sized rigs now, but listeners welcome. Details will be sent to all attendees very soon for directions to my place. Anybody wishing to attend please let me know.

Jun 16, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #63 of 94
Had my first listening time with HD800’s out of the Beta22. The system had been powered down completely for 2 weeks. The Cambridge 840c spat the dummy and sounded bright and aggressive straight up. The 840 needs to be left on stand by mode, if if shut down for more that a couple of days it has a hissy and won’t play nicely. After 1-2 hours it started to settle down and I managed to get some listening in. I’ll post some impressions tomorrow, when the 840c gets humming again.

Jun 17, 2009 at 8:49 PM Post #65 of 94
amicus, of course you can attend the meet, just drop me a pm to confirm that you will be coming. I will send everybody attending, my address and contact details over the weekend.

I have just had an email from iBasso, and they will be very kindly letting us sample their new P3+ amp, a T4 (i am looking forward to listening to this tiny amp) PLUS a T3 prototype, and depending on how the development is going, another prototype amp. This is very exciting news for a portable freak like myself, especially the chance to listen to hopefully 2 amps still in the development stage of manufacture,

Jun 18, 2009 at 12:28 AM Post #66 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by nickyboyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have just had an email from iBasso, and they will be very kindly letting us sample their new P3+ amp, a T4 (i am looking forward to listening to this tiny amp) PLUS a T3 prototype, and depending on how the development is going, another prototype amp. This is very exciting news for a portable freak like myself, especially the chance to listen to hopefully 2 amps still in the development stage of manufacture,

Great news, nickyboyo. Will be pure portable joy for all of us to explore
biggrin.gif

Jun 18, 2009 at 9:56 AM Post #68 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This meet isn't sounding so "mini" any more
tongue.gif

I'd better get cracking on my casework so I have some finished amps to bring.

No kidding
tongue.gif

Its still a debate whether my Woo WA6SE will be here on time for the meet. Jack has promised he'll try to get it here on time, but if it gets held up at customs all bets are off. We'll see though
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:30 AM Post #70 of 94
heya guys! ur still here covenant!

i'm getting back into headphones so i might be able to attend this meet

I'll bring my maxxed out jaycar amp and whatever i buy between now and the meet
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:34 AM Post #71 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by Good Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Cov - I'll have my HD600s with my own cable there (ALO SXC wire) so will be good to compare and contrast.

Cool, sounds good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kenny12
heya guys! ur still here covenant!

i'm getting back into headphones so i might be able to attend this meet

I'll bring my maxxed out jaycar amp and whatever i buy between now and the meet

Kenny! I knew you'd be back
biggrin.gif

Be good to see you again. Oh, and sorry for your wallet, again
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 19, 2009 at 11:37 AM Post #72 of 94
covenant have u been using all those parts i gave u? i'd expect a few dynahis coming out from u
smily_headphones1.gif

i really want to electrostatic this time around

I just realised i've got that weekend planned for a trip to nelsons bay...

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:53 AM Post #75 of 94
Quote:

Originally Posted by elliot42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm really excited. And eager to hear some eletrostatics. But there's still 2 week to go
frown.gif

The first thing I'm going to do is make a beeline for johnwmclean's balanced HD800 rig. And woe to whoever tries to pry them off my head
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back