We're loaning AND giving away a Go-Vibe Porta Tube amp!
Aug 10, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #61 of 116

Quote:

There's RCA out (RCA to 3.5mm adapter), so you could use that. Also, there is a FIIO L6 LOD for the Fuze, so that's another option.

Thanks, I've got one of those RCA to 3.5s around here somewhere, all is good :)

Aug 10, 2011 at 9:16 AM Post #63 of 116
This is pretty cool! Will loaning be open for the foreseeable future, or is it only available for a limited period? Coz I'd love to be able to try it out in a few months once I've got some decent cans to try it with :p

Aug 12, 2011 at 1:35 AM Post #65 of 116
I would also like to try this tubey (=

dunno_a_name72@hotmail.com

NSW - Sydney 2031 :)

Aug 16, 2011 at 7:31 AM Post #67 of 116
Just a wee teaser - arrived this afternoon (many thanks Josh)

The E11 is to give you an idea of size :)

Started out with my Alessandro MS1i, then switched to a loaner set of DT880 Pros.

Suffice it so say - I was supposed to be listening to a lot of different tracks, and swapping amps.  Instead here I am an hour later with a silly grin on my face after listening to the entire Clapton Unplugged album solely through my iPod4 > Lod > GoVibe.  Entrancing.

I'll be back with thoughts in a couple of days after I really get a chance to put this through it's paces.

Aug 16, 2011 at 9:35 PM Post #68 of 116

Quote:
Just a wee teaser - arrived this afternoon (many thanks Josh)

The E11 is to give you an idea of size :)

Started out with my Alessandro MS1i, then switched to a loaner set of DT880 Pros.

Suffice it so say - I was supposed to be listening to a lot of different tracks, and swapping amps.  Instead here I am an hour later with a silly grin on my face after listening to the entire Clapton Unplugged album solely through my iPod4 > Lod > GoVibe.  Entrancing.

I'll be back with thoughts in a couple of days after I really get a chance to put this through it's paces.

thanks for the pictures. can you see the tube glowing through the holes?

Aug 16, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #69 of 116

Quote:
thanks for the pictures. can you see the tube glowing through the holes?

Yep - small orange glow.  Will try and get you an idea (photo) when I post the actual impressions.

Aug 17, 2011 at 3:45 PM Post #73 of 116

Quote:
a picture of my unit alongside ALO continental ...

should i post impression here or start a new thread ?

I thought we could start a new thread - then get all the demo people to post their impressions in it as they get it.  I'll be starting on mine tonight.  If I don't find your thread later on, I'll start one - OK?

Aug 18, 2011 at 4:40 AM Post #74 of 116
Received the amp today but didnt have time to listen to it.

Anyway I probably have an hour on it and Im very impressed so far.

Its got a very balanced sound. I think treble and bass is just how it should be.

The sound stage is a bit narrow compared to my p3+ with opa2111-transistor buffers-ad827 but still it has very good resolution and instrument seperation is good as well.

Listening to madeleine peyroux and somehow her voice is right in between the instruments. Usually with my other desktop amps her voice is a bit more upfront.

Its also a bit bigger than I imagined. I Think it has no problem driving my k702s. with p3+ you get a feeling like you need more volume or somethg is missing but porta tube has no problems driving them.

Interestingly you feel the tubes vibrating when you first turn the amp on or off but no noise in the headphones whatsoever.

Anyway I will post some more impressions as the time goes on and I enjoy more music through this baby
smily_headphones1.gif
maybe its a good idea to start a new thread or just post impressions in the porta tube thread that already exists.

Aug 18, 2011 at 7:37 AM Post #75 of 116

Users who are viewing this thread

Back