Went to the Qualia store on Wednesday...
Dec 19, 2004 at 11:24 PM Post #196 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by felipe
Ciao!
Potresti spiegare in inglese che sono tuo fratello e che ogni tanto vorrei entrare nel forum....di pure che sto aspettando la sa5000 e che probabilmente venderò la cd3000....se ovviamente la sa5000 sarà meglio.
Grazie!
Ciao
Interverrò poco, più per leggere che per scrivere. Quando scriverò magari mi quoterai per tradurre....

Nik would you mind to translate that please????

felipe, I'm a Spanish native speaker, and try to do my best in english, I encourage you to do the same, nothing against the italian language, but this is an english forum...please we do not want this to become a circus now everybody speaking in different languages ok?.

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:27 PM Post #197 of 209
Quote:

Ciao!
Potresti spiegare in inglese che sono tuo fratello e che ogni tanto vorrei entrare nel forum....di pure che sto aspettando la sa5000 e che probabilmente venderò la cd3000....se ovviamente la sa5000 sarà meglio.
Grazie!
Ciao
Interverrò poco, più per leggere che per scrivere. Quando scriverò magari mi quoterai per tradurre....

This is the translation: Can you explain in english that I'm your brother and sometimes I would like to enter in the forum... you can tell that I'm waiting for the Sony MDR SA 5000 and if I'll like them more than the CD 3000 I'll sell it... but only if the new sony will be a lot better.
Thanks!
Bye
I'll do not write a lot in the forum, just I'd like to read, and I need your help for the translation....
------------------------
So, have you understand? I oredered the SA5000 for my brother felipe...

Best!
Nicola

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:30 PM Post #198 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Nik would you mind to translate that please????

felipe, I'm a Spanish native speaker, and try to do my best in english, I encourage you to do the same, nothing against the italian language, but this is an english forum...please we do not want this to become a circus now everybody speaking in different languages ok?.

I'm Nik's brother, but i dont speak ingl...

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:31 PM Post #199 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
it sounds like it's time for a new source...
evil_smiley.gif

And which one?

Best!
Nicola

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:34 PM Post #200 of 209
Quote:

I'm Nik's brother, but i dont speak ingl...

Hi felipe,

in this forum you have no permission to write in other languages than english, so you can speak privately with me in italian and I'll try to post your words in english, good?

Best!
Nicola

PS:
We live in differents city in Italy, not so near one to the other...

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #201 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Hi felipe,

in this forum you have no permission to write in other languages than english, so you can speak privately with me in italian and I'll try to post your words in english, good?

Best!
Nicola

PS:

Welcome felipe, you are very welcome to read and if you like to write, but please we do not understand a single word in italian, and as I hope you understand, we need to find a common language in order to understand each other, keep us informed about the SA5000, SA3000 or SA1000, I'm really interested in hearing one of those, you are my "fratello" in the CD3000 cause for now, I have an RP31 and I'm waiting for the RP33 next week, let's see how this story ends....happy listening man.....

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:48 PM Post #202 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Hi felipe,

Best!
Nicola

PS:

Ok!
eek.gif

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:51 PM Post #203 of 209
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovkiller
Welcome felipe, you are very welcome to read and if you like to write, but please we do not understand a single word in italian, and as I hope you understand, we need to find a common language in order to understand each other, keep us informed about the SA5000, SA3000 or SA1000, I'm really interested in hearing one of those, you are my "fratello" in the CD3000 cause for now, I have an RP31 and I'm waiting for the RP33 next week, let's see how this story ends....happy listening man.....

Ok "brother"!!
The RP33 is very very good, very better of rp31
Hello!!!

Dec 19, 2004 at 11:54 PM Post #204 of 209
Dec 20, 2004 at 1:15 AM Post #207 of 209
Aaron, hello and glad to see you are able to get some time in on your new phones. Thanks for the feedback on the Qualias as they settle in. I would imagine 300-400 hours should do it. I would appreciate your thoughts on how the Sonys stack up with the the Omega/KGSS. As you might be aware, I was able to recently bribe a fellow Headfi member with a fruit cup and coffee, plus a few dollars, out of a well kept pair of Omegas and KGSS. I have found the Omegas supreme. I listen to CrosbyQuad 63/Gradients and an old pair of watt/pups. Headphones are 650s and Lamda pros with Stax ED1 diffuser/Equalizer. What I love about the Omega/KGSS is their midrange truth, lack of heat in the upper octaves and the sense of unbridled power in the KGSS. The omegas are very nonfatiguing and my most cherished test of a transducer, the female voice....is just SUPERB. What are your thoughts on the Qualies vs a vie Omegas?
Dan

PS...Glad to see you are bringing up your Maestro to current specs.....enjoy da cake

Dec 20, 2004 at 3:09 AM Post #208 of 209
Danny,
Not to nit pick...but that was a fruit cup and a chocolate egg cream
tongue.gif

I quit coffee 2 months ago, because I found my mind was wandering in the middle of listening sessions, due to the caffeine provided by 4 cups of Starbucks a day.

I find that the Qualias and Omega II's are very similar in a lot of ways, but I find the Qualias truer to the reproduction of the instruments. They are both laidback, but the Qualias have a larger soundstage, and more instrument individuality. I hated the farting noise that came from moving your head while wearing the Stax, and I found that the noise, interrupted my listening experience. I think that the Omegas would be close to perfect, if the cord and earcup were fixed, and not adjustable. There is no need for it.
MSRP for both is $2600 and $2800, respectively, but to put things in perspective, you do need a special amp for electrostatics. Yes, the Qualias benefit greatly from the right amp, but any audiophile amp will do.

The Omegas and the R-10's, however, are 2 entirely different animals, both of which are wonderful to own, but have 2 totally different approaches to sound reproduction.

Dec 29, 2004 at 4:44 AM Post #209 of 209
Interesting...but after about 220 hours (the last 120 was under intense scrutiny), I have some different feelings about the Qualias. I have been using a solid state headphone amp (HR-2), because I sent my Maestro to Mikhail for some mods.
...and while I still am enjoying the massive clarity in the soundstage, and precise reproduction of the instruments, I have come to the conclusion, that I like the bass out of the R-10's better.
The R-10's bass is very bloated out of the Maestro (which is a mod that Mikhail is taking care of, because mine was originally built for the HD600's), due to it's impedence and sensitivity, and I don't get the same results from the Qualia.
But out of the HR-2, the bass is cleaner and more defined, so I am able to judge better between the 2 cans. The R-10 definitely wins in the low end extension. On the 010's, the bass is real and true, but I need a little more punch. The R-10's bass is a tiny bit, too beefy, but I prefer it more than the Qualia.

Will have to run further tests. So much work to do, so little time. Work gets in the way, sometimes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back