Wells Audio - Impressions & Questions
Mar 5, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #556 of 636
I will not be in Singapore. If ZMF is at Singapore he should have a Gruve and a Milo. I am sending a V8 to Zach soon so there is a chance that he may have the V8 with him.

Hoping the V8 will make an appearance at Canjam NYC this weekend if the stars align!

Mar 5, 2024 at 10:40 PM Post #557 of 636
Hoping the V8 will make an appearance at Canjam NYC this weekend if the stars align!
I will not be at Canjam NYC or probably any other one in the near future. They have just gotten way too expensive for a little guy like me. I will have shipped the first five new units this week so perhaps there will be some input soon on the forum with impressions. I plan on sending a unit to Zach when I return from the Dallas show next week.

Mar 6, 2024 at 11:11 AM Post #558 of 636
Like several others, I have had a long and varied relationship with my Susvara headphones over the years that I have owned them. They were good, but there was always the nagging impression that they could do more. Then, four years ago, I bought a Headtrip II Level II and that changed. I couldn’t get an amp anywhere in the UK to try out but, having told Jeff what I was after, he said he was so confident that his amp would meet my requirements that he would sell me one and, if I wasn’t impressed, I could send it back for a full refund. That confidence inspired me to take a chance and he was right. The amp ended up being permanently connected to my Susvara as nothing less - with Susvara - would do for me anymore.

Recently, I asked Jeff to upgrade my amp to current spec which includes the external power supply and I have had the amp back with me for about a month now. Jeff reckons it needs 200 hours to fully run in and sound its best and I reckon I’m maybe approaching halfway there. The improvement is actually greater than I was expecting to be honest and it is sounding superb. Susvara sound epic - the scale and imaging is so grand, it is almost like sitting with desktop monitors rather than headphones. It has all the punch and drive you need for Susvara to really perform but, at the same time, has great delicacy and subtlety in delivery. It is very powerful and yet so refined, it’s quite amazing how it can combine seemingly conflicting qualities of outcome. I have never heard such clarity and detail and yet the sound is not cold and clinical. It has great speed but also a warmth to it, no hard edges or fatiguing high end. It is very hard to describe really but the word that keeps coming to my mind is ’pure’.

The upgrade has also given the amp greater synergy with other phones somehow, not least due I suspect to the lower noise floor. I used to use it exclusively with Susvara but it is now getting more varied use. It has taken my SolP up to a level that I didn’t realise they had which has given me a greater respect for them. I am not a prolific poster on here and am definitely not the type to give gushing praise, though I feel that is what I am doing here and it kind of goes against the grain a bit for me! Anyway, here is a snap of the amp with a few decent cans.

FE185769-4FA5-43F8-9FD7-500BC16609E7.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2024 at 1:47 PM Post #560 of 636
If all goes well I should have a base V8 in next week :) Really excited to try it with my ZMFs and Sennheisers. I'll post impressions and snap some pics next week to start the journey with the unbroken in unit. All assuming the mail system does their job....

1709750577121.png
I'm really looking forward to your impressions on the V8 OTL with your ZMFs. I love my Meze Elite with my MJ3, but I think I need a great OTL to go with my Atrium Closed and Auteur to bring out their best.

Mar 6, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #561 of 636
Like several others, I have had a long and varied relationship with my Susvara headphones over the years that I have owned them. They were good, but there was always the nagging impression that they could do more. Then, four years ago, I bought a Headtrip II Level II and that changed. I couldn’t get an amp anywhere in the UK to try out but, having told Jeff what I was after, he said he was so confident that his amp would meet my requirements that he would sell me one and, if I wasn’t impressed, I could send it back for a full refund. That confidence inspired me to take a chance and he was right. The amp ended up being permanently connected to my Susvara as nothing less - with Susvara - would do for me anymore.

Recently, I asked Jeff to upgrade my amp to current spec which includes the external power supply and I have had the amp back with me for about a month now. Jeff reckons it needs 200 hours to fully run in and sound its best and I reckon I’m maybe approaching halfway there. The improvement is actually greater than I was expecting to be honest and it is sounding superb. Susvara sound epic - the scale and imaging is so grand, it is almost like sitting with desktop monitors rather than headphones. It has all the punch and drive you need for Susvara to really perform but, at the same time, has great delicacy and subtlety in delivery. It is very powerful and yet so refined, it’s quite amazing how it can combine seemingly conflicting qualities of outcome. I have never heard such clarity and detail and yet the sound is not cold and clinical. It has great speed but also a warmth to it, no hard edges or fatiguing high end. It is very hard to describe really but the word that keeps coming to my mind is ’pure’.

The upgrade has also given the amp greater synergy with other phones somehow, not least due I suspect to the lower noise floor. I used to use it exclusively with Susvara but it is now getting more varied use. It has taken my SolP up to a level that I didn’t realise they had which has given me a greater respect for them. I am not a prolific poster on here and am definitely not the type to give gushing praise, though I feel that is what I am doing here and it kind of goes against the grain a bit for me! Anyway, here is a snap of the amp with a few decent cans.

Wow, sounds like you’ve got a killer amp on your hands. Any comparison you can offer to the Riviera?

Mar 6, 2024 at 5:09 PM Post #562 of 636

VALKYRIA :open_mouth: Man I want to listen to that headphone so badly

Mar 7, 2024 at 2:55 AM Post #563 of 636
VALKYRIA :open_mouth: Man I want to listen to that headphone so badly

Believe me - you don’t! 💰😉

Wow, sounds like you’ve got a killer amp on your hands. Any comparison you can offer to the Riviera?

Ok, will do later when I get the time - but it might be a little contentious and provocative for some. 🧐

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2024 at 4:55 PM Post #569 of 636
I will not be at Canjam NYC or probably any other one in the near future. They have just gotten way too expensive for a little guy like me. I will have shipped the first five new units this week so perhaps there will be some input soon on the forum with impressions. I plan on sending a unit to Zach when I return from the Dallas show next week.
Dallas show? I am in Dallas, and am curious where and what show?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back