Wells Audio - Impressions & Questions
Feb 15, 2024 at 3:14 PM Post #527 of 636
@The Piper What is the output impedance of the V8 OTL? Also, is it different on the XLR and SE jacks?

I wish there were some more impressions of the new amp. I guess there aren't too many people that have gotten the chance to hear it yet.

Feb 15, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #528 of 636
@The Piper What is the output impedance of the V8 OTL? Also, is it different on the XLR and SE jacks?

I wish there were some more impressions of the new amp. I guess there aren't too many people that have gotten the chance to hear it yet.
I am at the Florida Show right now with a Level III V8. I haven't offered them for sale yet because the shipping packaging wasn't ready. I will pick the packaging up when I return from the show. I am starting to take orders now so if you are interested let me know.

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #529 of 636
The first time I heard a Wells Milo was at the ZMF booth (with the Caldera) a year ago. Not long after I bought s Caldera from Zach and a warrantied demo Milo from Jeff. Both continue to rock my world...

Several months later I got a 2nd Milo (a long story). Suffice to say I'm nuts about the sound of the Milo; it's up there with the best SS sound I've ever heard (I heard a lot of SS amps).

FYI, in a week or two I'll be selling my 1st Milo. If any interest feel free to PM me.
Have to agree. One hell of an amp!

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:08 PM Post #530 of 636
The first time I heard a Wells Milo was at the ZMF booth (with the Caldera) a year ago. Not long after I bought s Caldera from Zach and a warrantied demo Milo from Jeff. Both continue to rock my world...

Several months later I got a 2nd Milo (a long story). Suffice to say I'm nuts about the sound of the Milo; it's up there with the best SS sound I've ever heard (I heard a lot of SS amps).

FYI, in a week or two I'll be selling my 1st Milo. If any interest feel free to PM me.

I'm continually impressed with the Milo, and I know what you mean about getting an amp collection you didn't originally intend to have. :sweat_smile:

PXL_20240215_210424103-EDIT.jpg

Can I ask which upgrades you have? I found a big difference with the external PSU and the Goldpoint attenuator.

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:24 PM Post #531 of 636
I'm continually impressed with the Milo, and I know what you mean about getting an amp collection you didn't originally intend to have. :sweat_smile:

PXL_20240215_210424103-EDIT.jpg

Can I ask which upgrades you have? I found a big difference with the external PSU and the Goldpoint attenuator.
"an amp collection you didn't originally intend to have." (what he said!). At any given time I have between 8 and 11 amps here. That's crazy, but it's how I roll.

My first Milo, the one I'll be selling soon, has only one upgrade I know of: switchable -13 dB/channel attenuators to knock down some of this amp's gain (they exactly as intended and have no apparent effect on the sound). Otherwise it's all stock, including the volume pot.

External PSU? For a Milo? How would you even connect such a device?

Feb 15, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #532 of 636
Feb 15, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #534 of 636
I think @The Piper starter making this an option last year. Notice there's no power button on the front panel of mine. You can see the PSU at the bottom of the product page here: https://www.wellsaudio.com/milo

Lowers the noise floor considerably.
Never heard of this. Interesting idea. Then again, if there's a relatively high noise floor here (one in need of lowering), I sure can't hear it IMS.

Feb 15, 2024 at 7:21 PM Post #537 of 636
Well, damn. Guess I have to buy a 3rd Milo now!
I believe I own one of the very first Milos with external PSU and Goldpoint stepped attenuators. Amazing amp!!
No idea why it's not more popular - what else sounds so good in this price range?! 🤷‍♂️

Feb 15, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #538 of 636
I believe I own one of the very first Milos with external PSU and Goldpoint stepped attenuators. Amazing amp!!
No idea why it's not more popular - what else sounds so good in this price range?! 🤷‍♂️
I am a very small bespoke manufacturer that designs AND hand builds every piece sold personally. I can't match the marketing done by my competitors, the million dollar corporations. In point of fact I don't think there is another high end company like me in the world. A real unicorn.

Feb 15, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #539 of 636
I am a very small bespoke manufacturer that designs AND hand builds every piece sold personally. I can't match the marketing done by my competitors, the million dollar corporations.
Hopefully, more people take notice here and spread the word...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back