Wells Audio - Headtrip amp
Mar 30, 2021 at 11:04 PM Post #151 of 194
I have always felt PS conditioners reduce dynamics and tonality. With the correct power conditioning a system will always sound better. BTW, I should have the “Looking Glass” power conditioners back in production within a month or so.
Maybe it just needs more headroom? I’m using P12 (1200VA continuous, 3600VA peak). This is an overkill for my present system, the load on the unit is 5% or so. My Chords sound great, much bettter than pure wall outlet. Have not heard HT with regenerator yet, it’s really interesting what scheme would be better. Can you specify maximum power consuption of Headtrip, please?

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:19 PM Post #154 of 194
Sucks I had to sell my HeadTrip. I hope the Dragon lvl 1 gets close. I can't hear a difference between my outlet and PS Audio P3 regenerator. Jeff will eventually suck me into buying the looking glass.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:22 PM Post #155 of 194
Sucks I had to sell my HeadTrip. I hope the Dragon lvl 1 gets close. I can't hear a difference between my outlet and PS Audio P3 regenerator. Jeff will eventually suck me into buying the looking glass.
Haha. I was thinking about auditioning one too, but I need to get my amp situated first.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #156 of 194
I'm enjoying the Cyan entry level dac from Holo. I'm using the built in amp and my headphones sound really good. My Cipher gets used for my 2 otl amps while I wait for the dragon.

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #157 of 194
I've been thinking a bit about the Wells Audio threads. It seems odd to talk much about the Dragon or the Cipher in either of the existing Headtrip or Milo threads. While there are a number of us that are interested in these two products, I am also hesitant to start a Dragon thread. Both Antipodes and Woo have single threads that crosses their product lines. In some ways I'm wishing that we had a "Wells Audio Owners Unite" thread. What are others' thoughts on this?

Apr 1, 2021 at 9:45 PM Post #158 of 194
I've been thinking a bit about the Wells Audio threads. It seems odd to talk much about the Dragon or the Cipher in either of the existing Headtrip or Milo threads. While there are a number of us that are interested in these two products, I am also hesitant to start a Dragon thread. Both Antipodes and Woo have single threads that crosses their product lines. In some ways I'm wishing that we had a "Wells Audio Owners Unite" thread. What are others' thoughts on this?
I say go for it. :L3000:

Apr 22, 2021 at 11:24 PM Post #160 of 194
Looks like the Dragon Level 3 is 5500 bucks.

Sep 5, 2021 at 6:40 PM Post #161 of 194
I've changed things up a bit. I am just now starting to burn in a new Headtrip amp. No fear of inadequate amplification (FOIA)....
IMG_2943.jpg

Sep 5, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #162 of 194
I've changed things up a bit. I am just now starting to burn in a new Headtrip amp. No fear of inadequate amplification (FOIA)....
IMG_2943.jpg

Damn, very cool. I hadn't realized how much bigger the Cipher was compared to the Headtrip 2.

Sep 5, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #163 of 194
Damn, very cool. I hadn't realized how much bigger the Cipher was compared to the Headtrip 2.
I know. I really wanted a desktop system, but after hearing the Cipher I was hooked and decided to compromise on the footprint. Though the Headtrip isn't exactly suitable for a desktop either.

Sep 5, 2021 at 8:04 PM Post #164 of 194
IMG_2943.jpg
Is there a separate container for the power supply or no?

Sep 5, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #165 of 194
What other amps have you compared the head trip 2 to? :D

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back