Wells Audio - Headtrip amp
Mar 30, 2021 at 2:14 AM Post #136 of 194
Hmmm... this amp is skyrocketing up my endgame amp chart for the potential partner for my incoming 1266 TC. Is the Headtrip II LII out yet? Not that I will be able to afford it anytime soon. But the Headtrip II is within reach for a mere mortal like me in the not-too-distant future. Anyone compare this to the FS/P combo?

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:05 AM Post #137 of 194
Hmmm... this amp is skyrocketing up my endgame amp chart for the potential partner for my incoming 1266 TC. Is the Headtrip II LII out yet? Not that I will be able to afford it anytime soon. But the Headtrip II is within reach for a mere mortal like me in the not-too-distant future. Anyone compare this to the FS/P combo?
Yes, the Headtrip II LII has been out for a while now. I also started with the Headtrip II. One of the great things about Wells is they’ll upgrade for the difference when you’re ready.

Mar 30, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #138 of 194
Yes, the Headtrip II LII has been out for a while now. I also started with the Headtrip II. One of the great things about Wells is they’ll upgrade for the difference when you’re ready.
That is valuable information

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #139 of 194
I'm doing a Dragon lvl2 and later upgrading it to 3. It's basically swapping out lower end components to higher ones

Mar 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #140 of 194
I have a Headtrip II, it is an amazing amp that I use with HiFiMan Aryas and 1266 TCs. The sound stage and dynamics are amazing. I am contemplating upgrading it to the Level II, or getting a Dragon Level III.

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:27 PM Post #141 of 194
I don’t see the dragon mentioned anywhere on the website? It it an amp? Or DAC?

could anyone point me to the product page for some details.

Is it above Headtrip 2 lvl 2?

Should I be planning an upgrade?

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:30 PM Post #142 of 194
I don’t see the dragon mentioned anywhere on the website? It it an amp? Or DAC?

could anyone point me to the product page for some details.

Is it above Headtrip 2 lvl 2?

Should I be planning an upgrade?
It's a ne tube hybrid amp.
Currently still in pre release Phase therefore probably not on the website yet

Mar 30, 2021 at 12:32 PM Post #143 of 194
It's a ne tube hybrid amp.
Currently still in pre release Phase therefore probably not on the website yet
Interesting.

Will ping Jeff.

Thanks.

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #144 of 194
Wow, that’s awesome. Now that is what you call future-proofed. I’m getting more and more intrigued.

What would you say are the improvements from Headtrip II to LII? Obviously, I don’t expect the LII to be twice as good but the upgrade must be significant.

Mar 30, 2021 at 1:42 PM Post #145 of 194
I have a Headtrip II, it is an amazing amp that I use with HiFiMan Aryas and 1266 TCs. The sound stage and dynamics are amazing. I am contemplating upgrading it to the Level II, or getting a Dragon Level III.
You are the one who introduced me to the Wells world and I’m starting to fall in. Soon I won’t be able to get out! :L3000:

Also, glad to know Wells is fairly local - at least in the same state - and I’d be able to converse directly with Jeff. With an amp at this level, I believe that personal connection and relationship will be very valuable.

It’s why I’d rather purchase local or at least within the US from a small builder like I used to with custom guitars and amps.

Mar 30, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #146 of 194
I wish I had the HeadTrip to test on my ps audio entry level power plant which made a big difference on my otl amps. My conditioner was robbing me of richness and didn’t even realize it.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #147 of 194
You are the one who introduced me to the Wells world and I’m starting to fall in. Soon I won’t be able to get out! :L3000:

Also, glad to know Wells is fairly local - at least in the same state - and I’d be able to converse directly with Jeff. With an amp at this level, I believe that personal connection and relationship will be very valuable.

It’s why I’d rather purchase local or at least within the US from a small builder like I used to with custom guitars and amps.
I agree and that's one of the reasons that I am a fan of Wells. If you are interested, it is definitely worth having a discussion with Jeff.

Mar 30, 2021 at 3:35 PM Post #148 of 194
I'll need some time with the 1266 TC and really get familiar with it. Will need to pay it off first as well before going on the next hunt. :wink: But, yes, I will definitely be ringing up Jeff when I get close. Thanks!

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #149 of 194
I wish I had the HeadTrip to test on my ps audio entry level power plant which made a big difference on my otl amps. My conditioner was robbing me of richness and didn’t even realize it.
I’ve tried the Power Plants, and to me the HT performs best straight from the wall. I know I should use protection, but it’s just better this way.

Mar 30, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #150 of 194
I’ve tried the Power Plants, and to me the HT performs best straight from the wall. I know I should use protection, but it’s just better this way.
I have always felt PS conditioners reduce dynamics and tonality. With the correct power conditioning a system will always sound better. BTW, I should have the “Looking Glass” power conditioners back in production within a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back