Well the NEW anime season has started ANY favorites yet??
Apr 20, 2007 at 12:10 AM Post #16 of 41
here is another one that JUST aired and is REALLY good.
It is known as Princess Resurrection and or Monster Princess. Give it a whirl I am glad I did...

Apr 20, 2007 at 12:49 AM Post #17 of 41
1. Romeo and Juliet. Call me sappy, but the artwork, the budget, and the pacing is absolutely brilliant.

2. El Cazador de la Brujah. I am a Bee-Train fangirl. That's all that needs to be said.

3. Nanoha StrikerS. A's seemed well put together, and it's more space action. Yaaayyyyyyyy
biggrin.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #19 of 41
Also, for anyone that missed it, I highly recommend Code Geass. It stopped at episode 23, but will be picking up again briefly in August and then season 2 will be in October.

Apr 20, 2007 at 2:35 AM Post #20 of 41
I almost got those two confused Murder Princess and Monster Princess. They are both interesting.

In general Bee Train Anime such as El Cazador de la Bruja
tends to sound PRETTY darn good through an Amp and Senn HD600s. I mean about 99% of my anime watching is done through the computer, its the ONLY way I can get peace around MY house...

I agree to that the new Nanoha StrikerS is good anime also, I am really liking Claymore too. SOOO much to watch SOOO little time!

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:20 AM Post #21 of 41
Can't play moonlight mile and seirei no moributo on my computer for some mysterious reason
frown.gif
I don't want to reformat my computer.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can't play moonlight mile and seirei no moributo on my computer for some mysterious reason
frown.gif

Problems playing MKV?

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:35 AM Post #23 of 41
Only some mkv, not all. I scoured the net for solutions for a few hours but still came up blank.

Apr 20, 2007 at 7:54 AM Post #24 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ooheadsoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

If you haven't tried it already, try deleting all your previous codecs and update to the latest CCCP codec package. Takes about half an hour including reboots.
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/ind...itle=Main_Page

Moonlight Mile is really good. Love it.

Edit:
Tried some of the other recommendations
Sola (1st ep): not my cup of tea
Hayate Combat Butler (1st ep): same as above
Gurren Lagann (1st ep): I don't know. Seems to me like Gainax is going downhill. It's ok but not as good as FLCL
Claymore (1st ep): nice action but uninspiring
Darker than black (1st & 2nd ep): First ep was ok, but it's not going anywhere

2nd ep of Seirei no Moributo was ok, a bit slow, but I think the next one will be good.

Still watching Nodame Cantabile, nice series.

I stopped watching Code Geass after episode 5 or so, too much teenie angst stuff.

Apr 20, 2007 at 8:43 AM Post #25 of 41
Alot of enjoyable shows this season, arguably the strongest season ever?
darker than black (love the cowboy bebop vibe)
gurren lagann (crazy fun)
heroic age (epic scifi)
seirei no moribito (fantastic art)
hayate the combat butler (dumb fun)
lucky star (quirky, unconventional)
claymore (nice atmosphere)
kaze no stigma (interesting start)
overdrive (cuz biking is cool)
sola (cuz the sky is cool?)

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #26 of 41
I stopped watching Code Geass back at ~ep 8. The story seemed to slow down and the characters became a bit boring. Does it really get better? I might have to pick it back up again.

I didn't even know another season of anime had started until I saw this thread. Guess I'm really out of touch with my otaku self.
tongue.gif
I might check out Darker Than Black and Moonlight Mile based on the comments here.
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2007 at 5:52 PM Post #27 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I stopped watching Code Geass back at ~ep 8. The story seemed to slow down and the characters became a bit boring. Does it really get better? I might have to pick it back up again.

It's the usual Sunrise thing. Good start, slow middle, out of control ending.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #28 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by marvin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the usual Sunrise thing. Good start, slow middle, out of control ending.

Out-of-control-"Wow that's really cool!" or out-of-control-"What were they thinking?"

Also anyone know how many eps total it will be?

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:19 PM Post #29 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by YamiTenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out-of-control-"Wow that's really cool!" or out-of-control-"What were they thinking?"

Also anyone know how many eps total it will be?

Err... Closer to "Aww ****, we're running out of episodes and need to finish the plot." kind of out of control. Think Mai Hime/Otome Rather like watching a trainwreck.

23 so far, with 2 more in the summer. Then a second season.

Apr 20, 2007 at 6:44 PM Post #30 of 41
tried cccp first thing when it wouldn't play. doesn't work. it's not a h.264 problem, either, because other HD h.264 files - in mkv containers - work fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back