Well the NEW anime season has started ANY favorites yet??
Apr 15, 2007 at 4:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

KimbaWLion

100+ Head-Fier
Hello there poeple!

Well the new anime season has started in Japan and I was wondering if anybody had some favorites picked out yet.

1. Combat Butler Hayate
2. Moonlight Mile
3. Bokorano
4. Ikkitousen Dragon Destiny (guilty pleasure)
5. iDOLMASTER XENOGLOSSIA (Eva references ALL over)

That rounds out my current top 5. I like others of course but this is a good start

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #2 of 41
Moonlight mile... by far. There's are some series based on popular seinen authors that I dig coming out... but yeah moonlight mile is about all I'm planning on watching.

And below are my impressions of Bokurano. They may be spoilerific/disturbing etc.

Bokurano, well my manga scanlation group does the manga, and I think the manga is wayyy too messed up for my taste. I'm sure they toned it down for the anime, but any series where... well I don't want to get into spoilers , but there are some really twisted things that happen in the manga involving well... gang rape/sexual blackmail/prostitution of minors, i.e. stuff that I really can't stomach in any sort of setting. I didn't realize that it would be so horribly sick going into and I haven't touched the series since...

Anyway, like I said it's probably heavily sanitized. It's by the guy who did Narutaru which apparently was also horrible in a similar sort of way though also very sanitized in the anime version though I'm told that in the end some of the horrificness shines through... I know the US version of the manga marketed under the title Shadow Star (Narutaru) was HEAVILY censored and I hope the anime of Bokurano is as well ;p Given how the settings are all cutesy/fantastic or sci fi (Really popular amongst young people) and that the series starts out innocent enough, I can imagine at least a certain amount of surprise when they start interjecting the really twisted interpersonal relationships/traumatic backstories etc etc.

Anyway, bleah.

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:43 PM Post #3 of 41
I'm digging moonlight mile as well. Will definitely have to check out bokurano.

Apr 15, 2007 at 6:46 PM Post #4 of 41
I HAVE to 2nd it BLEACH ROCKS!!! ESPECIALLY since the fillers a LONG over now! It was about time...Though the NEW BLEACH opening is rather disturbing starting on Episode 121.... I leave that to your own private screening..

Apr 15, 2007 at 6:57 PM Post #5 of 41
1) Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann: Best surprise of the season! Burning courage and awesomeness, the likes of which has not been seen since GaoGaiGar!

2) Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS: My most anticipated show of the season! Anybody unfamiliar w/ the Nanoha-verse should go watch the second season (M.G.L.N. A's) right now, to see how it transcends the magical girl genre into something awesome. First season was good, too. This is the third season, set ten years after the second season. Slower paced so far than the second season, which had possibly the most intense back-to-back opening episodes ever, due to showing the changes in the old cast and introducing some new characters. But with 26 episodes to work with instead of the usual 13, I fully expect greatness from the third season.

3) Nagasarete Airantou: One guy trapped on an island of nothing but girls? Don't write it off, it's very funny.

4) Darker than Black: Has a promising setup, slightly dark environment. Have to see where it goes, but it has lots of potential.

5) Hayate no Gotoku!: Reasonably funny so far, lots of parodies, and the characters play off each other nicely.

Apr 15, 2007 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 41
Very promosing first episode of Seirei no Moributo. Stellar animation (movie grade quality, see gif below) and nice atmosphere.

seireinomoribitowz7.gif

Apr 16, 2007 at 12:18 AM Post #7 of 41
I yet to see that one I will take a gander soon :) Thanks!
Hayate is still one of the funniest one out there. Nanaho Strikers will be good too. I have read the manga that is out there for it. Nagasarete Airantou is it a dream or a nightmare. The manga is great for that too. I am looking foward to the anime based on Piers Anthonies Phaze World books, done right that will be amazing. Though I would rather seen Xanth or The Iincarnations of Imortality series done.

Apr 16, 2007 at 3:58 AM Post #8 of 41
Hey all you Biker-Fi folks, finally an Anime for you!

Check out "Overdrive." the first episode just got subbed. It's like InitialD/Eyeshield21 - uh, except on 10-speed bikes.

Apr 16, 2007 at 4:10 AM Post #9 of 41
Well if they can make a go-cart anime and a speed boat anime and one about making bread WHY not bikes. :)
I hope everybody got to see the last ep of ghost hunt too! I REALLY liked that anime a LOT.

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #11 of 41
=( I wish I could watch Japan TV directly here in the US.

Apr 16, 2007 at 7:44 PM Post #12 of 41
Wow, Moonlight Mile is good.

Overdrive is great, too. I love sports anime and this one looks a really good one.

Great recommendations!

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:31 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by KimbaWLion /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I HAVE to 2nd it BLEACH ROCKS!!! ESPECIALLY since the fillers a LONG over now! It was about time...Though the NEW BLEACH opening is rather disturbing starting on Episode 121.... I leave that to your own private screening..

Well, I can tell you the plot WILL NOT DISAPPOINT.
The manga is superb and since they're following the same story...
very_evil_smiley.gif

I'd have to say Naruto is impressive. The fillers took over a year but it was well worth it. The animation is more detailed and fluent. Again, story line won't disappoint.

Apr 16, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by saint.panda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very promosing first episode of Seirei no Moributo. Stellar animation (movie grade quality, see gif below) and nice atmosphere.

seireinomoribitowz7.gif

I just watched a RAW of that show,and was impressed.I grabbed the Boxset of Elfen Lied on Ebay for a low,low,19.50 Cdn plus shipping of 8 bucks,From a very reputable seller.Haven't watched it yet (dl'd teh subs when it came out and followed it religiously) Since about last summer I have started to actually buy my Anime now.My wife and I go for about a boxset every two to three months now since last June.I have been following Ergo Proxy recently.And just put the finsining touches on our Otogizoushi boxset finally.Trying to track down disc 4 of The Count Of Monte Crsito on ebay right now....

We have the rest of the series and a few painted fogurines from it.Only thing we have in its entirety that is over a season,is the GITS:SAC tv series,and movies.Both of us have been long time members of BoxTorrents,going back to its founding.I was member 281 on the forums,when they started up,and frequented the forums and also the IRC channels allot as did my wife Helene (Raikou... on the forums) I'm JIN-ROH over there
wink.gif
Good to kmow we have Otaku's here,and I am in great and knowledgable
and friendly comany !

Apr 17, 2007 at 12:59 AM Post #15 of 41
I still really want to see Code Geass's last two eps. Though we have to wait till the summer.
Oh for those into HD anime take a gander at Pretty Cure 5! The FIRST magical girl show in HD what a distinction...
It's NOT exactly the most intense hardcore anime but BOY is it pretty to look at in HD, my daughter likes it lots and that help at times...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back