Well-reviewed Fostex TH-500RP planar magnetics now on sale for $329
Jul 2, 2016 at 9:10 PM Post #61 of 66
  They do LOOK premium but im afraid they don't sound premium, recessed mids?

if you give them the music they like you won't have a problem with them. i enjoy mine very much for recorded and vocal music. Classical is also very good. and like I've read before, the more power you give them the better. the get louder but besides louder the SQ improves. IMO. Vocals are very natural sounding. they are very smooth in presentation

Jan 22, 2017 at 11:13 PM Post #63 of 66
I own Philips Fidelio X2 for daily use and I have AQ Nighthawk for something different and now I recently obtained the th500 and man, I really love the mids,bass and neutrality of these cans. Gotta give it another 150hrs burn in for them to settle. Alot of people has shyed away from these cans so I had second thoughts about trying them out but for less than 300... they are totally worth it. Did I mention the build quality is top notch? they couldve made it look better by coloring fonts differently and or add the brand name somewhere cool, all in all I'm very pleased with these so far.

Mar 21, 2017 at 10:19 PM Post #64 of 66
I've read many posts about burning equipment in and never really bought into that concept with most of my gear. These headphones made be a believer. After 50 hours of moderate power, they changed dramatically and seem to get a little better each week I use them more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back