Well recorded metal?
Jul 4, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #76 of 77
Sorry about the triple post. I'm on an Island and this kind of stuff happens, I have no control over it.

Yes I will have to hunt down Vader's latest.

I have a couple late Behemoth releases. I play stuff like Demigod because I know that if a lot of people like it that it may have good aspects. I just am waiting for it to catch on with me. Metal for me has always been this way, I may not like something at first only because it's different.

I play Nile for the same reasons. I guess I liked them more in 05? The whole sound just does not sound real to me when I compare it to Morbid Angel or Vader. It just seems like a show. I have been playing Nile for years but never really get into it. I do give them credit for being some of the best performers of the craft of metal.

Jun 19, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #77 of 77
I'll recommend Amon Amarth because A) Their mastering is Fairly good and B) they are viking gods!!!

Andy Sneap is well regarded as a metal mix engineer/producer:

I'd recommend anything he's had a hand in, a couple of people have already mentioned albums he's credited with mixing (Opeth, Megadeth), you can see a full list here:

http://www.albumcredits.com/Profile/280772#/Profile/Albums/280772

I concur with both of the above post, plus the latest Amon Amarth album "Deceiver of the Gods" is produced by Andy Sneap.

Then considering the OP question, mentioning power/melodic metal, my favorite band is Wintersun. Both the s/t 2004 debut and "Time 1" are definately worth a listen... The next Time 2 album will be fabulous i'm sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back