Well it is official now no audio jack on iPhone 7
Oct 1, 2016 at 12:00 AM Post #106 of 111
I guess that's it. It's dead and move on. I just ordered an iPhone SE. I'll have an updated phone, don't need to learn a new ecosystem, no worries about bendgate, touch screen death from subtle flex, and can hang on to the jack for another 2-3 years. It could have just been sales-y talk trying to get to the same level as the customer, but they told me they were not impressed with the iPhone 7, and the girl I worked with regretted getting it. She said it's locked up and had a few problems. I pulled the trigger cause I'm having issues with the headphone plug seating in my iPhone 6. It's not like I like to listen to music on it, but I like to use headphones when I talk. I don't like holding the phone against my head. Good luck ppz.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:53 AM Post #107 of 111
If its conversation you're after, I use a Plantronics Voyager. Had mine for nearly four years now. Not good in wind, but great for the car and office, and the cost has come down a chunk as well. The slightly more expensive versions have a bluetooth USB tranceiver so you can use in a laptop/PC for VOIP if you've got that.

There's an added bonus that it's hidden under my long hair, so when I go to the pub after work and I get a call, I carry on a one-sided conversation at the bar and by the time I've finished, usually about half the people are looking at me like I've gone out of my head. All I do is then show the unit in my ear and smile... and there's generally a chorus of laughter. Little do they know that I went insane years ago....

Having said that, I did have a problem with it and the iPhone 4 or 5, can't remember... the works iPhone de-paired itself sometimes during conversations. Might be worth reading forums for this, see if anyone else had the issue.

Some of the Voyager models have auto-answer. So the thing can sit beside you and when you hear the phone ring, you pick up the unit and pop it in your ear... that action of picking it up answers the call, so by the time it's in your ear, you're on the call.

Oct 1, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #108 of 111
Ok so back somewhat on topic...

Got my 7+ A while back. I really like it.

As far as the adapter goes, there's no way in hell that there's any electronics or DAC in here, especially for $9. The cable is tiny and there's just enough of the silicone/rubber shielding on the outside to keep it protected for a while.

The really odd thing about it, and probably my least favorite thing about this phone so far is that when you have the adapter plugged in, the 3 button mic won't work. I thought this for sure would work, but doesn't. I don't know what else this says about the adapter though.

I'm gunna look into a pair of iSine 10. Why not, right?

Back more off topic, there's some real stupid **** being said here.

'They ditched it just to make money"
Really? Because apple is the only company making lightning headphones right? (that's sarcasm if you can't tell)
Oh and then there's this http://www.androidauthority.com/first-phones-without-headphone-port-run-android-687910/
And why do people just now have a problem with bluetooth? More stupid.

Anyways...
On top of everything else, it's a phone. And the call clarity is amazing. I haven't heard calls this clean and crisp ever.

Oct 1, 2016 at 7:35 PM Post #109 of 111
  Ok so back somewhat on topic...

Got my 7+ A while back. I really like it.

As far as the adapter goes, there's no way in hell that there's any electronics or DAC in here, especially for $9. The cable is tiny and there's just enough of the silicone/rubber shielding on the outside to keep it protected for a while.

The really odd thing about it, and probably my least favorite thing about this phone so far is that when you have the adapter plugged in, the 3 button mic won't work. I thought this for sure would work, but doesn't. I don't know what else this says about the adapter though.

I'm gunna look into a pair of iSine 10. Why not, right?

Back more off topic, there's some real stupid **** being said here.

'They ditched it just to make money"
Really? Because apple is the only company making lightning headphones right? (that's sarcasm if you can't tell)
Oh and then there's this http://www.androidauthority.com/first-phones-without-headphone-port-run-android-687910/
And why do people just now have a problem with bluetooth? More stupid.

Anyways...
On top of everything else, it's a phone. And the call clarity is amazing. I haven't heard calls this clean and crisp ever.

You do know that every time a Lightning device is made, Apple gets quite a bit of a fee, right?

The other phone you linked is such a minor player, most people who care about jacks will simply look at the next phone.

Bluetooth isn't a problem itself, but a problem in that it requires more battery to use AND requires me to have an adapter on my IEM's or whatnot to use, when the normal cable was fine.

I'm surprised the mic doesn't work: at best, I was just hoping that they migrated the mic off-phone and kept everything as-is.

Funny how you call stupid **** out but contribute with your own.

Oct 2, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #110 of 111
Saw this today searching for iPhone 7 problems:

http://bgr.com/2016/09/20/iphone-7-problems-issues-how-to-fix/
http://www.macrumors.com/2016/09/29/iphone-7-bmw-bluetooth-audio-issues/

Especially funny to me is reports of bluetooth issues and audio since that is one of the solutions we're supposed to embrace and justify the removal of the jack. I fully expect the Apple world to move on without me into their wireless future. Still IMO a mistake to remove the jack. I'm probably investing too much energy into this as most of my portable music listening is on my DAP, but still they broke compatibility and force these work-arounds or new purchases, which IMO is a downgrade not an upgrade. I guess it's too much to ask that the pocketable IEMs I have for music would work for talking on the phone as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back