Well I just had to show it to you guys..
May 21, 2009 at 12:40 AM Post #2 of 24
Wow looks good! Do you have any pictures of the internals though? Also, you might want to post those pictures in here:
smily_headphones1.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f6/pos...-builds-85561/

May 21, 2009 at 11:02 AM Post #5 of 24
You wont be able to see anything on a picture of the insides, i could pull the electronics out, but I really do not want to..

here are some nice pictures and mine looks the same just uglier..
Chiarra Headphone amp & Andante Power supply

the only difference is that I use a Hdam from GD (moon) which is a very good opamp for this amp.

I know it is the insides that counts, but I also have a firm believe that if the outside looks like crap, it sends a signal about the internals being crap too and we can not have that, can we ??

May 21, 2009 at 12:26 PM Post #6 of 24
Nice job......is that teak or mahogany ? I'm not much of a wood expert....

Try the Earth module while your at it, although I do agree the Moon is something special
smily_headphones1.gif

What does it sound like ?

Peete.

May 21, 2009 at 4:34 PM Post #8 of 24
Really nice looking enclosure you have there!
smile.gif

May 21, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #10 of 24
Thanks for the kind words..

Pete:I have tried the earth module, but for some reason it made a heck of noise, it does not make that noise in my Zero, I have tried grounding it, but to no avail..

In a couple of weeks I will get a sun module, which I have great expectations for.

I am not sure about the wood, It is sold as mahogoni, but I think it is not dark enough and also much to red, for being that, I have made an mahogoni knob for the volume-control and it is much more brown and dark, so I am not sure I will keep that one, but it has to be sitting on the amp for a week or two so I can get used to it..

I finshed the box I started out with this week and I will take some photos of it tomorrow, it is a very different and much more complicated box than this one, but it has some shortcommings that is close to impossible to mend, I have been working on it for a very long time and it was almost driving me mad (when you see the photo it is easier to understand)..

The sound: well I am probally a bit colored on that department, this being my first build an so on, but the first two things that comes in to my head is control and POWER, it is suited for the heavier boys (senn 600/650, beyers) It can drive my dx1000 very well also, but when I get some of those 32ohms phones it is being beaten by my xCan V8, but with the heavier phones it is really superb..and I do mean superb..

May 21, 2009 at 11:07 PM Post #12 of 24
Well I love the color, it was just the Mohogani I was unsecure about, but I really do not know if it is the real deal or not (who cares anyway) and bringing a piece that I know is mohogani just made me wonder..

BTW it was the knob I was thinking about letting go, by no means the amp itself (well maybe for the right price)..

May 22, 2009 at 8:40 PM Post #15 of 24
Yeah but building it was an absolute nightmare, the corners was driving me insane, it is hard to see on the picture why, but finding the right directions and if it should be light or dark wood is much harder than one thinks...

It also got a couple of flaws, that I probally is the only one to notice, so I am not sure of what to do with it, maybe the kid is going to get the most exclusive garage in town for his cars..

Also it is a little bit big 30*30*30 cm, but the plan was/is to build a DAC into it also (the one from the Compass), so I am in a bit of a dilemma..

Anyway thanks for the kind words

Users who are viewing this thread

Back