Well...I am in kind of a funny situation...
Apr 4, 2006 at 4:36 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Luvya

100+ Head-Fier
Well, here is the story.
A business trip to SF in a couple of days, company already rented a car at SF airport and according to the car rental company, only age 25 or older can take the car, which means me. (yup, the other two co-workers are 23 and 24). The problem is that my driver license is restricted (read not suspended)...so is the rental car company going to find out when I present my driver's license to the front desk? Do they really check my driving record?

Apr 4, 2006 at 7:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Probably not. They care a lot more about insurance. However, what are the terms of your restriction? Can you go outside of LA? It'd really suck if a speeding ticket got your license/probation/whatever revoked. Take another look at your papers before driving.

A safer option might be to rent through Enterprise. Enterprise will rent to those under 25. I've rented from them for years now and have never had a bad agent or car. I think there's a surcharge for drivers under 25 (not sure, I haven't been under 25 for a few years now), but it's reasonable. You should take a look at them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back