Welcome to the italian police force. here, have a Lamborghini Gallardo
Oct 26, 2008 at 4:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Rednamalas1

Headphoneus Supremus
Italian State Police receive new Lamborghini Gallardo LP560-4 - Autoblog

I want to join
frown.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:55 AM Post #2 of 32
I love Italy. I love the cars, the women, the food, the culture.

Hope to work for Lamborghini one day doing vehicle aerodynamics or chassis development. Alternatively, many yacht design companies are based in Italy and France, and yachts are one of my big passions in life.

Oct 26, 2008 at 4:58 AM Post #3 of 32
Why don't we have that kinda stuff here in the states! Best thing I've seen as a police cruiser here was some lame camaro.

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:03 AM Post #4 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxvla /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Why don't we have that kinda stuff here in the states! Best thing I've seen as a police cruiser here was some lame camaro.

I did see a lambo diablo police car when I went to LV few years back...

I usually hate the new gallado look, but that police car trim is seriously sexy.

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:09 AM Post #5 of 32
Vancouver Police have a few "ghost cars" that are pretty fast - Dodge Charger R/T, Magnum R/T and a few Honda Civic SiR's (the older EP3 version).

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:23 AM Post #7 of 32
Pretty cool idea to have something on the road that can keep up with anything else on the road. Good luck outrunning that squad car!

Plus, in a place like Italy (not that there is any other place like it) there is tremendous nationalistic pride, so I'm not actually that surprised to learn of something like this. Maybe they can get a Ferrari 612 as well. What do you think, Red? Maybe a couple of Ducati monsters as well?

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty cool idea to have something on the road that can keep up with anything else on the road. Good luck outrunning that squad car!

Plus, in a place like Italy (not that there is any other place like it) there is tremendous nationalistic pride, so I'm not actually that surprised to learn of something like this. Maybe they can get a Ferrari 612 as well. What do you think, Red? Maybe a couple of Ducati monsters as well?

oh yeah, it would work:

S4R_S_Tri-20.jpg

these may work as well:
Ducati%201098%20S%20Tricolor%2007.JPG

Oct 26, 2008 at 5:41 AM Post #10 of 32
Italy is a crazy world,there was a story of a guy in a Mercedes 300SL Gullwing booking it down the Autostrada at some 120mph and all of a sudden a police Ducati pulls up next to him. The guy starts freaking out because the policeman is waving around his hands and he thinks that he's in quite a bit of trouble but then the Ducati gets in front of him,turns on his lights and siren and parts the way for him so the fellow in the Mercedes can speed up!

I love Italians.

Oct 26, 2008 at 6:21 AM Post #11 of 32
If I recall correctly the UK police have a few very nice Evos in their fleet, and its not the first time Italian police have received a lamborghini. The Pre-LP560 Gallardo was also decked out in police gear.

Imagine an LP640 pursuit vehicle.

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:22 AM Post #12 of 32
Says something about the car park and driving culture in Italy, since they need a car capable of 300kmh++ to keep up with the bad guys.
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2008 at 7:58 AM Post #14 of 32
I do see California Highway Patrol often in supercharged '97 Camaros' patrolling the I-15 often. Never seen an exotic cruiser, though.

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:08 AM Post #15 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
oh yeah, it would work:

S4R_S_Tri-20.jpg

these may work as well:
Ducati%201098%20S%20Tricolor%2007.JPG

One of each, please! Throw in a Multistrada 1100S as well. (Normally, I don't quote pics, but these bikes are just awesome.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back