Welcome to Hifiman lucky draw for graduation
Jun 15, 2016 at 3:05 PM Post #3 of 16
What country is this taking place in?  If it's in GB, then you could get in trouble by violating discrimination laws. This contest excludes those with learning disabilities, educationally challenged, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia etc. They are part of these laws as well. Why is it Hifiman, that your contests are usually exclusive? Like USA only and now this. I can understand the reasons with regard to it being held in the USA only[ though that doesn't stop you holding a different one in Europe or Asia ] laws etc complicate this. However to restrict entry to those who are in posession of photos of their graduation day with a parent, hasn't been thought through to well at all. Come on Hifiman, have a contest that is open to all in the EU or the UK for that matter. We are customers of yours too.

Jun 15, 2016 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 16
  What country is this taking place in?  If it's in GB, then you could get in trouble by violating discrimination laws. This contest excludes those with learning disabilities, educationally challenged, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia etc. They are part of these laws as well. Why is it Hifiman, that your contests are usually exclusive? Like USA only and now this. I can understand the reasons with regard to it being held in the USA only[ though that doesn't stop you holding a different one in Europe or Asia ] laws etc complicate this. However to restrict entry to those who are in posession of photos of their graduation day with a parent, hasn't been thought through to well at all. Come on Hifiman, have a contest that is open to all in the EU or the UK for that matter. We are customers of yours too.

Discrimination laws because it's for grads? ***.... 

Jun 16, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #6 of 16
  No, discrimination because it excludes "those with learning disabilities, educationally challenged, ADD, ADHD, dyslexia etc."

So, let's ban music because some people are deaf, ban light since some are blind. 

The world is getting sillier and stupider by the day.

Jun 16, 2016 at 12:42 PM Post #8 of 16
Guys, this product is like 50 USD...

I don't think it's worth getting all worked up about it.

Jun 16, 2016 at 2:25 PM Post #10 of 16

This has nothing to do with the value of the earphones, if you think that then you have misunderstood the debate. I for one am not worked up either

I am saying that this is not worth debating, and if one does not qualify to participate in this giveaway then they should just move along.

To be honest, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. It's just a simple giveaway that's celebrating graduates.

But hey that's just me. You do you.

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:35 PM Post #11 of 16

I don't even....

What??

Jun 16, 2016 at 3:45 PM Post #12 of 16
Feilong 4

"I am saying that this is not worth debating."
If it's not worth debating then,what exactly are you doing if not debating?

"if one does not qualify to participate in this giveaway then they should just move along."
Whether I qualify or not is irrelevent, it's not about me. It's about people who are  educationally challenged or disabled being excluded

"To be honest, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. It's just a simple giveaway that's celebrating graduates."
I have merely mentioned, that the contest may violate laws in the UK, should I just ignore this?

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 16

"if one does not qualify to participate in this giveaway then they should just move along."
Whether I qualify or not is irrelevent, it's not about me. It's about people who are  educationally challenged or disabled being excluded

"To be honest, I think you're blowing this way out of proportion. It's just a simple giveaway that's celebrating graduates."
I have merely mentioned, that the contest may violate laws in the UK, should I just ignore this?

Literally any giveaway or contest will exclude some demographic. The only way to not exclude anyone is to make this information available in any and all languages, beam this info into the brains of everyone in the world, and then select the winners at random. Even then, people will criticize them and say "well you're giving away headphones, you're discriminating against the deaf community."

Giving away a prize to graduates is not discriminating against people who are not graduates, or groups who are less likely to become graduates. A fund that gives scholarships to Hispanic people is not discriminating against African Americans. A charity that focuses on helping elderly disabled is not discriminating against disabled children.

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #14 of 16
  Feilong 4

"I am saying that this is not worth debating."
If it's not worth debating then,what exactly are you doing if not debating?

What am I doing? I would get a warning if I said so explicitly, but in "nicer" terms I'm pointing out that you're reading way too much into this. This could be considered debating if you feel like I'm attacking you.

Yes, you should ignore this because I believe you're thinking way too deep into this but thank you for giving the time to think about the educationally challenged and/or disabled. Hell, maybe the giveaway just open to US residence.

I'll just end off saying  just relax, take a breather, and listen to some music..

Jun 16, 2016 at 4:49 PM Post #15 of 16
Whether I qualify or not is irrelevant, it's not about me. It's about people who are  educationally challenged or disabled being excluded

So what you're saying is 'let's get rid of schools', right? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back