Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet
Apr 26, 2007 at 5:06 PM Post #16 of 42
Mac and cheese is only half the story.

The other half is Raman Noodles.
frown.gif

.....there is an entire thread here in the members lounge forum showcasing members favorite Ramen recipies.
tongue.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:16 PM Post #17 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks, I totally need that! Not many times you read something that actually makes you laught out loud at work.
icon10.gif

You can probably shorten it to "Welcome to head-fi, say goodbuy to money and welcome to Kraft Macaroni & Cheese dinners"

I like it, think i'll put it in sig.

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #18 of 42
I've only been around about two months and I just ordered some DT770's so yes you will succumb in time...

Resistance Is Futile!

-T.R.

Apr 26, 2007 at 5:45 PM Post #19 of 42
Gotta love mac and cheese ... I have some tips for better preperation if you'd like to know
wink.gif

Love that quote FallenAngel

Apr 26, 2007 at 7:14 PM Post #20 of 42
If it's so bad why do people come here... or better yet why do people continue to stay here?

Be happy with with you have and delete this site from your bookmarks.

Apr 26, 2007 at 7:23 PM Post #21 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's so bad why do people come here... or better yet why do people continue to stay here?

which leads to the second well known statement said after someone gets their first rig together - "Congrats! Now run far far away and don't look back!"

They don't listen to that one either.
frown.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 7:26 PM Post #22 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenjchang /img/forum/go_quote.gif
im new here, but i gotta say, everytime i read a post that says this like its some sort of whitty remark, i think, you people are the lamest most unoriginal people ever

and then u know the 3 poster after the first guy only clicked on that thread to say the same thing.

lol just a though, i do like all the people here, just wondering if anyone else think its overplayed

You're still new here and haven't spent enough to fully appreciate that warning or rather Head-Fi slogan. Start investing in some gear or music and you will soon realize what we mean when we say "Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet".

Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Because it be wouldn't any fun if we just dropped out of site and not continue on with our journey towards listening bliss with everyone else that posts on this site. Also it's an addiction that's hard to quit, you may leave for awhile but you'll be back.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 26, 2007 at 7:48 PM Post #23 of 42
Quote:

im new here, but i gotta say, everytime i read a post that says this like its some sort of whitty remark, i think, you people are the lamest most unoriginal people ever

and then u know the 3 poster after the first guy only clicked on that thread to say the same thing.

lol just a though, i do like all the people here, just wondering if anyone else think its overplayed

there are a lot more annoying things that head-fi brings out, but i agree this statement is way overused. head-fi is no different from any other hobby and is cheaper than a few of my past ones such as RC cars, airsoft, and guitar.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:17 PM Post #24 of 42
i agree with the guitar one. that's not even funny. but with headphones it's even more evil because it's sneaky - with guitars it's like "pump BIG money into this one or that one..." and you're a little more cautious because of that. with headphones you're like "that mini to mini is only 40 bucks...that foam pad is only 25...that ipod dock is just 10 bucks at the sign in table..." and before you know it your wallet is empty. Evil.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #25 of 42
Quote:

Lame? Really?-Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:35 PM Post #26 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by Techno Rocker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gotta love mac and cheese ... I have some tips for better preperation if you'd like to know
wink.gif

Me too! It's amazing what a 40 cent box of Krap dinner can turn into. Of course, it ends up a $5 box of Krap dinner, but still... good stuff.

Apr 26, 2007 at 8:36 PM Post #27 of 42
well it's a good tag line to everything that is head-fi. i mean "sorry about your wallet" can be said for any hobby, but the fact that we coined it for our tag line here makes it pretty special. head-fi can brand itself that way.

Apr 26, 2007 at 9:48 PM Post #28 of 42
Actually Ive listened to everyone. I just came here to discuss stuff, and so far Ive only bought DT770/80's. Thats all. Plus im going to mod my X-Fi, as following the guide on the Computer as Source forum. Other than that I doubt I will buy much more, except for KSC-75's. But I have listened well to the warnings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back