Welcome to Head-Fi, sorry about your wallet
Apr 27, 2007 at 2:03 AM Post #31 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Lame? Really?-Spelling, Punctuation, Grammar.

common case is cruise control for the awesome. there is nothing anyone could possibly do to make me capitalize my sentences and stuff. i'm a rebel.

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:20 AM Post #32 of 42
If you think about it, Head-fi is not a waste of money and a wise investment if done within reason and responsibility. I know people who buy expensive clothes with expensive dry cleaning, spending thousands of dollars. The resale value of clothes is terrible and they wear out.

High end audio equipment can last a lifetime basically and you only need to buy it just a few times in a life span. After purshasing my next amp, I will be done for a good 10-15 years, same with my next source purchase. My wallet will be proud actually in the long run.

Hooray wallet!

Apr 27, 2007 at 3:12 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjcha /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You've obviously not gone through the journey. If you had, you would understand that for some, saying, "sorry about your wallet" is more a sympathetic statement of a cursed camaraderie than anything meant to be whitty. It's a sharing of bemused misery and a somewhat smug recognition of yet another person about to be suckered into a path you yourself were suckered onto not too long ago. The fact that it "unoriginal" is precisely because the feeling is shared, and is to some degree, a root experience of members of this community.

Best regards,

-Jason

"a cursed camaraderie" -- I like that. It sures beats being cursed and alone.
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:33 AM Post #35 of 42
Goodbye from Head-Fi, we're not sorry about your wallet!

does that sound better?

Apr 27, 2007 at 2:33 PM Post #37 of 42
For those head-fiers who are leaving Head-fi after spending thousands of dollars and no longer lurking or posting:

"Goodbye from Head-fi, Sorry for your tinnitus"

Apr 27, 2007 at 6:17 PM Post #38 of 42
Mode warning "on"

Welcome to the headphone world and don't forget to say quickly goodbye and farewell at your wallet...
cool.gif

Mode warning "off"

Signed :
A holder member of the Team "sorry about our wallets"
wink.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #39 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...Be happy with with you have and delete this site from your bookmarks.

This doesn't work, even if I delete the bookmark... I still remember head-fi.org and a quick search brings me back to this place of doom.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those head-fiers who are leaving Head-fi after spending thousands of dollars and no longer lurking or posting:

"Goodbye from Head-fi, Sorry for your tinnitus"

Scary and true.
Tinnitus is the only way out - after all the wallets are empty, to get out we must pay the ultimate price.
plainface.gif

Apr 27, 2007 at 10:34 PM Post #41 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by iGig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Scary and true.
Tinnitus is the only way out - after all the wallets are empty, to get out we must pay the ultimate price.
plainface.gif

There is something even more final than Tinnitus. When the phones are threatened by Tinnitus there is but one choice. One must rid oneself of the causes of Tinnitus.

In this case Tinnitus is caused by two items: Coffee and Heart Medication.

The solution is to eliminate the causes.

Removing coffee causes headaches. Removing the other causes.......the ultimate price.
frown.gif

"Welcome to Head-Fi, our condolences to your next of kin."

Apr 28, 2007 at 4:04 AM Post #42 of 42
The saying is a TRADITION. Someone saying "Break a leg" before you go on stage isn't witty either. Just a tradition and there's nothing wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back