Welcome Monster "Turbine Challenge" Reviewers!
Apr 14, 2011 at 12:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 76

SoundMatters12

Head-Fier
Welcome Monster "Turbine Challenge" Reviewers!

We're stoked to have you on board to give us your thoughts and feedback on the Turbine Pro line of in-ear headphones and look forward to working with you over the next few weeks to make the process as enjoyable and smooth as possible.

This forum has been created to give everyone a private, yet open space among all the selected reviewers to post any comments, questions or concerns that may arise.  You can of course reach out to me in a PM as well, but hopefully by addressing any topics here we can answer questions each of you might have all at once.

Thanks again, and as you begin to receive your headphone shipment over the next week or so, please do let us know here!

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:16 PM Post #2 of 76
Do you guys believe in burn-in and would like us to run them non-stop for sometime before starting? Also will you be wanting us to review Controltalk versions or the standard version.

Apr 14, 2011 at 2:30 PM Post #3 of 76
The process of burning in is up to you, however, we have heard from past reviewers that this is a helpful step.  The Turbine Pros do not have the ControlTalk feature included, so you wont have to comment on it for your evaluation.

Thanks!

Apr 14, 2011 at 4:48 PM Post #4 of 76
Is there specific time frame or deadline you expect the review to be written by?  My usual method for testing new gear is to spend a week or two using it almost exclusively to get a feel for it before doing some A/B comparisons with material that I think may highlight specific strengths or weaknesses.

Is a time frame of between  2 and 2 1/2 weeks acceptable or should I speed up the usual process a bit?

Apr 14, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 76
This is my first semi/pseudo professional review so I don't really know what to expect.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:30 PM Post #7 of 76
I guess I am probably going to receive it last, as I am probably the furthest away. It will likely be a month for me to post the review, hopefully within a month.

Apr 14, 2011 at 9:59 PM Post #8 of 76
Looks like we've got a lovely batch of people here with a wide variety of IEMs to compare to... Except for ClieOS, I think this is his first pair of IEMs. :wink: I'm looking forward to seeing everyone's reviews and it's great that we have a little support group here if we run into any snags!

Here's to Monster for creating such a very generous challenge/contest!

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #9 of 76
It is unlikely, since I am living in Siberia 
wink_face.gif

Quote:
I guess I am probably going to receive it last, as I am probably the furthest away.

Apr 14, 2011 at 11:59 PM Post #10 of 76

Here are my Qs to Monster:
  • It will take 8 days to burn-in, then one week of getting myself accustomed to new sound, then 1-2 week to write a review. 3 or 4 week in total. Are you OK with the terms?
  • Are you OK if I will compare MTPC to some top universal-fit IEMs, like RE262, ER-4S, E500? Or do you prefer standalone review with no direct comparisons?

Apr 15, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #11 of 76
Hey guys, glad everyone is excited to get started with reviewing!  As for the timeframe, we would like for all reviews to be posted by Monday, May 16th.  This should give at least 2-3 weeks for the review process.  In the event that additional time is needed, we can discuss other options; we of course want you to feel comfortable and to be able to give your full, honest opinion, so there is some flexibility on the deadline.

As for comparing, that's up to you.  Feel free to compare to other IEMs, just keeping in mind that not all IEMs are within the same category of both price or purpose.  For example, the Coppers won't compare well to other models with more bass emphasis, as the Coppers are built to produce bass response identically to the recorded source without any enhancements.

Shipments are going out today, so I'll contact you directly with tracking information via Fed Ex soon!

Apr 18, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #12 of 76
 I just thought I'd report in noting that I'm excited to get my Coppers, which are slated for arrival tomorrow.  Look forward to seeing your reviews as well!

Apr 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #13 of 76
I've received my Golds. So far so good.

Apr 19, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #14 of 76
Ditto, received my golds.

Right now it is a fight against tips and driver flex.
Driver flex is fairly obvious too. you push them in a little "Click click; no more noise" pull out and put back in and still no noise; repeat "CLONK; and noise returns" and I am not even trying to put them far in. I must have small ears too, because if I need to use the smallest non-shiny grey supertips to be able to push them further in for a fit that won't pop out over time. Not a supertip problem; more a headphone design I guess.

Yeah, either non of the supertips fit me; or the driver flex won't let me.

EDIT: After all it seems the only fit for me is with the small double-felange tips worn over-the-ear style; normal down way gives me the driver flex more easily. Over the ear is more forgiving to my head moving too.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:05 PM Post #15 of 76
Recevied the Coppers today!  The box looks nice and I appreciate the extensive number of tips included.  I have yet to plug them in, but I very much look forward to it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back