Welcome back AKG K-501 !!
Jun 13, 2008 at 11:08 PM Post #226 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by ciphercomplete /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I decided to resurrect this thread because my K-501s are stuck to my head. I need help! I can't even give my new hd580s a fair listen because the 501s mysteriously keep ending up on my ears.

Any solutions?

smily_headphones1.gif

CC,
Now its time to improve upon the signal going into the K501! Funny, I've come back around--in a big way--to the K501, too, and have currently picked up another pair (actually my third over the past 6 years) of HD600 (w/Cardas cable). I find myself reaching for the K501 nine out of ten times, and only then to show me what I was just missing with the HD600. : )
PAB

Jul 11, 2008 at 12:06 PM Post #230 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cankin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bought mine from ebay, that seller is in AZ
wink.gif

Me, too. But be forewarned: by the time you add his excessive shipping and handling fees, expect to pay around $200 USD. A while back, I left him a neutral feedback due to the stilted shipping/handling charges, and he answered back with a negative feedback for me (although, eBay sellers are no longer allowed to post negative feedback now).

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:32 PM Post #232 of 239
I asked this a couple of times but didn't get any reply.

My "K501" sticker on both sides of the ear cup seems to be falling off right when I got them, I have to keep sticking them in place. Any of you experienced the same? Sometimes I wonder if mine is fake
biggrin.gif
, though it sounds great.

Jul 14, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #233 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My "K501" sticker on both sides of the ear cup seems to be falling off right when I got them, I have to keep sticking them in place. Any of you experienced the same? Sometimes I wonder if mine is fake
biggrin.gif

It happens to one of my pairs. I don't know how to fix it to be honest, I just restick it back.

Jul 14, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #235 of 239
Quote:

biggrin.gif

NB,
My stickers were peeling off from the moment the K501 arrived brand new. Why AKG couldn't have made them a little heavier, and used better glue to adhere them, I don't understand.
PAB

Jul 14, 2008 at 10:40 PM Post #236 of 239
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
NB,
My stickers were peeling off from the moment the K501 arrived brand new. Why AKG couldn't have made them a little heavier, and used better glue to adhere them, I don't understand.
PAB

They definitely could have made them heavier and used stronger adhesive, since that's just what they did on the K400/K500 labels. Go figure.

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:46 AM Post #237 of 239
Quote:

biggrin.gif

no, mate...it's not fake, my pair got the same things too...i'm looking what's inside, i have found a screwdriver behind the K-501 sticker...
confused.gif
and absolutely agree with your statement there, our K501 are sounds great...i wonder how good K400 comparing to K501...
wink.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:57 AM Post #239 of 239
Found a nice tube compliment for the Darkvoice 337 (2x Kuhltube CAC-6SJ7WGT and 2x Mullard 6080) that suits the K501 quite well. Put on the Hayley Westenra "Live" DVD. Wow! Vocals are so intact with the AKGs, simply captivating! : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back