Weird siemens ECC801S tube? question for the experts......
Jul 3, 2004 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Spent&Bent

500+ Head-Fier
next to the
One of the Siemens ECC801S I have gives off a really enormous flash when I start the amp (with enormous I am serious)
Is this normal? the tube seems to work normally otherwise and tests very good as well.

BTW I have seen a similar effect in a lot of other tubes I have but in those instances it looked just more like a more intense glow that dissapears quite quickly.

Jul 4, 2004 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 5
I've had 12AT7's that looked a bit like a small flashbulb going off on startup. Everything I was able to find said that this was normal with small signal tubes, and nothing to worry about.

Jul 4, 2004 at 7:55 PM Post #3 of 5
Thanks a lot hirsch, I will keep on using that tube then since I try to save my telefunken ones, as those seem to go up in price a lot lately even while I still want more of them for future use (IOW I must/want/keep on buying more until I have for 100 years or so I think....)
Realjazzcat on ebay still has some really nice ones ofcourse, lol.....
rolleyes.gif

Jul 5, 2004 at 6:18 PM Post #4 of 5
Even my Telefunken ECC803s do that light (not os big ) when the amp start to work... I think there is no any problem...

Best!
Nicola

Jul 5, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nik
Even my Telefunken ECC803s do that light (not os big ) when the amp start to work... I think there is no any problem...

Best!
Nicola

Hi nik, glad I do not need one or more of those, I have seen their prices some of the older ones cost as much as my whole amp
eek.gif
(and I was thinking it could not get more expensive over the WE 300b.... think again I suppose....)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back