weird noise in senn 600s
Feb 22, 2002 at 9:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

shoos

New Head-Fier
hi guys. first post, but I've read this forum for a while with interest.

I thought maybe someone might be able to help me with something I've just noticed in my senn 600s... while listening to Brad Mehldau's Live at the Village Vanguard, I got a scratching noise with the string bass, only in the left earpiece. it sounds almost as if the transducer is blown or something...

I've been able to reproduce it in anything where there is a bassline that's pretty isolated. and it doesn't happen in my speaker setup (which is pretty revealing). any ideas what it might be?

if this is a problem with the headphones, what can I do? got em about six months ago from headroom...

thanks
andy

Feb 22, 2002 at 9:57 PM Post #2 of 7
Welcome to Head-Fi, shoos. I believe that your HD-600s have a 2 year warranty, so you should contact Headroom for instructions. Have you tried plugging them into a different source to see if the problem still exists? Also, have you listened to this CD before, and has the noise always been there?
confused.gif

Feb 22, 2002 at 10:06 PM Post #3 of 7
yeah, just tried it through a portable CDP and the total airhead, and it's still there. not just with this CD, but ones I've listened to many times... seems this is a new problem.

the scary part is I don't think I have a receipt...

Feb 22, 2002 at 10:14 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

the scary part is I don't think I have a receipt...

Headroom should have a record of your purchase......give 'em a call. They are great to deal with. You shouldn't have any problems................I think......hope.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 22, 2002 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 7
Hey shoos, its Edd from MIT!

How are you?

Try taking out the wire plugs to the Senns and putting them back in. That fixed my problem. That won't guarantee to work if it is the transducers but it doesn't hurt to try.

Feb 22, 2002 at 10:54 PM Post #6 of 7
ED-D-D-D!

man... good to hear from you! I just remembered, a bunch of friends of mine and I are gonna come up to boston and crash with james next weekend -- shoot me your contact info to shoos@shoos.com and maybe we can kick it when we come up.

ahem. sorry folks, I know that's a bit OT...

re: unplugging/pluggin; yeah I did try that but no luck...

contacted headroom and they're mailing me the invoice, and will get in touch with sennheiser next week (thx joelongwood).

Feb 23, 2002 at 11:32 AM Post #7 of 7
Are these Grattles?

Does this kind of problem happen mostly when you get loose stuff blown in / fallen in through the grille into the transducer / enclosure?

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back