weird ie 8 questions
Jan 24, 2011 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ruben1691

New Head-Fier
hey everyone,
so i have finally decided to buy the Ie 8, but as i was about to click the "ordert this item" button,  a couple of questions popped up. so, let's get to the point:

- "sound leakage"
since I usually listen to music while I am studying (at the library, or at home), what I am really worried about is whether other pepole will be able to hear what I am listening to.

- size
could anyone please measure the size of the IEMs, since I haven't been able to see them in person

thank you very much

Bye!

Feb 1, 2011 at 5:59 AM Post #3 of 5
I do not currently have IE8 since I sold them a while ago so can't really answer your 2nd question, but regarding the sound isolation,
as far as remember IE* don't isolate the external noise as good as some other IEM do but whether other people will hear what you are listening it will all depend on two factors: 1) how load you listen to music (volume)
and 2) how quite is your location (so in library it is possible people will be able to hear what you playing (how much?  depends on Volume).
It would be interesting to hear someone who actually tested this at a library...

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:01 AM Post #4 of 5

Quote:
I do not currently have IE8 since I sold them a while ago so can't really answer your 2nd question, but regarding the sound isolation,
as far as remember IE* don't isolate the external noise as good as some other IEM do but whether other people will hear what you are listening it will all depend on two factors: 1) how load you listen to music (volume)
and 2) how quite is your location (so in library it is possible people will be able to hear what you playing (how much?  depends on Volume).
It would be interesting to hear someone who actually tested this at a library...

hi, thank you for answering...I remember reading something about the sound leakage on another thread, the guy promised he would test them at the office, but he never did, so I guess we will have to wait until someone does.

right now I have a pair of cx300 and ususally when I listen to them at a normal volume, noone can hear my music, but since the IE series has some kind of air vent I am afraid they will hear my music, and this would mean I would have to get another pair of IEMs...

bye!

Feb 1, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #5 of 5
Like Yello131 said, the sound isolation of the IE8 isn't that great, but I doubt there's much sound leak from them unless you are listening with ear-deafening level. I tested them on my gf, with slightly above average listening level, and I couldn't hear anything even if I was less then a feet away from her.
Your second question is pretty weird, anyway, it's 2cm across the widest part, about 2cm deep and 3cm long to the point where the cable starts, whatever you want to know that for. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back