Weird dream (about V6's!!!)
Oct 15, 2001 at 7:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Xander

The XanMan is back!
So, I drifted off last night into la-la land.. Sleeping, right? So I start dreaming.. Ok, what the heck. I'm at a flea market? Looking around, not much I'm interested in.. Then, in a box I spot a pair of headphones. At first I walk away, maybe I'll find something better.. Sides, they looked pretty ratty. Eventually I came back. Somehow I thought the price was like $5, and the lady decided she wanted $14. I bought them, took them home.

Upon inspection, one earcup sported "Sony V6". They had weard big suparaural pleather pads, with like a fifty cent piece sized hole in the center. I thought this was odd. Putting them on, they were uncomfortable, and pressed against my ears in areas and generally made for a bad experience. I also noticed the other ear cup was a slightly different color, and had a different model number on it.. Something like V2034 or something. It had like tone settings on it, and a volume knob!

What the HELL?

Yeah.. When you DREAM about headphones, you know you're in trouble...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 8:06 AM Post #2 of 23
ah, that's much better than my dream from last night. in mine, there were these small white worm-like lice that everybody had in their hair, except they penetrated the skin and somehow made your skull really squishy so that when you pressed down on the top of your head, your fingers would sink into your brain. on the good side, i didn't have the worms in my head...dunno what i was doing in the dream
rolleyes.gif

but anyway, i want a headphone dream. i'll trade ya
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 3:16 PM Post #4 of 23
At least you people have interesting dreams. My last one was dreaming I went to sleep, waking up, going through a somewhat average day w/ fast-forward on, going back to sleep, then waking up for real.
confused.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 4:01 PM Post #5 of 23
this reminds me of a strange, audio-related dream i had a few days ago, actually. Among all the other crazy crap that goes on in some of my dreams, my house was flooding and there were fullrange drivers floating around. There were only two, one which i recognised to be a fostex and the other was a loth-x. I was actually suprised to see the loth-x, since I haven't thought much about those speakers for a while.

confused.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 4:35 PM Post #6 of 23
I alwasy have the best dreams, their are like movies, complete with cool camera angles and soundtracks! One of my dreams even had credits at the end! Sometimes, I may be in them, playing myself or someone else, I may have many different parts, or not be in the dream at all. Some people in the dreams may morph into a different characters, insane plot twists, etc.

I guess this is way I love movies that use true dream logic. Most movies about dreams do not do this, of course. But, many of the surreal flims do.

But, on the bad side, I rarely remember my dreams, I may only remember less than 5 dreams a year.
frown.gif

Does anyone know a way to help people remember their dreams?
confused.gif

Oct 15, 2001 at 5:09 PM Post #7 of 23
Quote:

KR ... said...

Does anyone know a way to help people remember their dreams?
confused.gif

Pen & notepad right by the bed, write it down in the first five minutes after waking up.

Oct 15, 2001 at 7:12 PM Post #10 of 23
one of my favorite musical dreams was:
i was in a huge old house trying to find the source of some music i could hear through the walls. after searching for a while i found a secret door hidden behind a tapestry. i went in and stereolab (the band) was sitting on the floor jamming with old moogs & guitars. they invited me to jam so i got on an old synth and we played "crest". the dream left me very happy. another time i dreamed i played keyboard on cream's "white room" with them (except the keyboard was the spines of 88 books!). each song was played note for note form begining to end. my other dreams tend to be like movies, usually zombie flicks.

Oct 15, 2001 at 8:03 PM Post #12 of 23
Hmm.....I've only had one dream worth mentioning.

I'm not sure if you all remember the original "Nestle Quik" chocolate drink mix commericials.

If you don't: essentially, EVERY commercial had ALL the chocolate in the world being turned into something, like, say......avacados!

Anyway........in one episode, all the chocolate would go down the asssembly line, enter a "convertor," and come out as a brusselsprout!

I dreamt that instead of chocolate, there were people's HEADS!!!

I saw numerous people.....then my mom!!!!.....I screamed, after seeing her turn into a brusselsprout - THEN I ENTERED THE CONVERTOR!!!

Woke up immediately, sweaty and all.......

biggrin.gif

This is no joke.....

Oct 15, 2001 at 8:22 PM Post #13 of 23
Ever have that dream where you wake up and flunk a final or test, or forgot to do some homework, or you are late for some important class.

And than you really wake up and say "oh crap I better study, or do some homework, or get to school!". But than you say "hey wait a second...I don't have a final, or have any homework...hell I don't even have school!"

I like long dreams with strange plots too. And wonder why there are people long ago that sometimes show up in my dreams that would have been impossible for me to actually remember when awake! Its like running into them in RL and remembering them...cept in your dreams instead.

I don't think I remember my dreams being musicals. It would be interesting if it was new unknown music that you can remember and write down.

I don't think the key to remembering dreams is as simple as pen and paper. There is a tendency that you will remember your dream if you are more suddenly woken up instead of just waking up when your lazy ass feels like it. Which is why most dreams I remember don't get to go to completion even though you really really would like to get back in there!

Some people even say dreams are created close to or during waking period. Since there is no concept of time, who knows if a dream that seems to have lasted for hours could have been created within an incredibly short time. Perhaps if you want to remember your dreams, get someone to wake you up unexpectedly. Lol or have an alarm clock that has randomized wake-up.

Oct 15, 2001 at 9:14 PM Post #15 of 23
That thing would die a long, horrible death if I got hold of it!
mad.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back