Weight Lifters Fi
Apr 28, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #16 of 127

Quote:
Great abs also attract alot of women :)

YEAP, and lower abs I don't have... I have stubborn belly fat left there, and until I burn it off my stomach will just look bigger, since the muscle pushes the fat out. I might do more Core concentrated stuff!

WOW great news, a girl that I REALLY like has posted a new and very awesome and pretty pic of her self on face book... that means I'm going to be SUPER insecure about how I look and will as a result BLAST MY CORE MUSCLES and the rest of me! Hernia here I come >.> [let's hope not though]

Apr 28, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #17 of 127

Quote:

YEAP, and lower abs I don't have... I have stubborn belly fat left there, and until I burn it off my stomach will just look bigger, since the muscle pushes the fat out. I might do more Core concentrated stuff!

There is a short cut and that's called fat blaster supplements. I personally don't recommend you take this path.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #18 of 127

Quote:
There is a short cut and that's called fat blaster supplements. I personally don't recommend you take this path.

Indeed me neither, my motto is you commit to something 100% or 0%... there is no short cut to achieving anything unique and good. It takes hard work and persistence!

What's more so is I'd like to forge out of my self the kind of qualities that are worth while, there's no supplement for that... there's only the sweat of my brow and self discipline... and BLASTING MY CORE MUSCLES ;3

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:35 PM Post #19 of 127
doing heavy compound movements will strengthen the core more effectively, especially deadlifts and squats, lot of compound movements involves the core a lot. also doing planks is very good. i really don't do sit-ups or crunches much anymore. might do leg raises but that's about it. mostly deadlifts,squats and planks and even high intensity running is where my core gets most it's work from.

the 10x10 workout also is powerlifting technique used for sports like football and so forth i learned in the past. i never played sports in my life but was around people and family that did so learned some stuff from them. also did use to do many forms of martial arts when i was kid but that was way before i gotten into weight training. i just workout cause i like to and to improve myself. i'm not into it for looking hot or impress anyone.

high intensity training like high intensity running and heavy compound lifting will burn bodyfat more effectively over time than slow pace cardio or the light weight high rep method. reason why is it forces your body to adapt and produce more testosterone and other growth hormones naturally. why is this important you might ask? testosterone does more things then build muscle and increase strength. it's one our strongest fat burners around as well.also reason why men also are able to burn fat much quicker than women.

people don't know but our testosterone also helps increase/build bone density,strengthens your immune system, increases sex drive, strengthens your heart and other vital organs, prevents/slows aging, increases endurance and some other stuff i just can't remember right now, but that's mainly it.

things that affect our natural testosterone delivery negatively is: drinking alcohol(1 beer can destroy week progress), diet(lack of fats is one mistake people always make), sleep/rest(people often over train and don't take enough time to rest. rest is most important thing), and other things. i'm just having major brainfart right now and have billion things processing through my head right now, but google should have most of the answers too.

i suggest don't take certain fat burners either.most just contain is loads of caffeine and green tea extract but some contain certain ingredients that artificially boost growth hormones which might help in a short term but won't help in the long run. don't suggest testosterone boosters either. if you need something take zinc and multivitamin. zinc is found things like red meat,fish and some vegetables. also zinc is good and can help...if your looking to increase your...ummm, how do i put it properly here....your little soldiers? lol.

Apr 28, 2012 at 10:39 PM Post #20 of 127
For me, still doing a little bit of free weights  -- but mostly truly functional strength with Russian kettle bells.  

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:07 PM Post #21 of 127

Quote:

Indeed me neither, my motto is you commit to something 100% or 0%... there is no short cut to achieving anything unique and good. It takes hard work and persistence!

What's more so is I'd like to forge out of my self the kind of qualities that are worth while, there's no supplement for that... there's only the sweat of my brow and self discipline... and BLASTING MY CORE MUSCLES ;3

Exactly, taking certain supplements is just cheating on yourself and eventually will have side affects on your body over time. You'll just feel a lot better at the end of the day having achieved the form factor and physique you've wanted after a long period over time of training. Which is also why I eat plenty of tuna and meat for protein to help recover faster rather then drink lots of "Dymatize" protein. Creatine now and then will help me give a boost if my muscles are tired.
Quote:
For me, still doing a little bit of free weights  -- but mostly truly functional strength with Russian kettle bells.  

Kettle bells!!! Very good for strength training widely used for boxing as well as it increases muscle mass easily near your traps and lats area by doing the swing type movement with the kettle bells in front of you.

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:31 PM Post #22 of 127
Good stuff, good stuff. I don't do flat sit ups any more I do all of mine at an incline so I have that extra degree of motion. I like the leg lifts and planks I'll be doing more of

Sadly I'm allerigic to Tuna so that's a no go. And with regard to high Intensity running, I've heard the High low High Low method works well to speed up your metoblism thus enabling you to burn fat.

Granted I can go to another forum and talk about this, but I don't think any of us here are Muscle Heads [the dumb kind] so there's a sense of balance here...

And yea, I'd like to look better at the end of the day but ultimately being able to improve your self for the betterment of your self is what's nice! The acomplishment is also a great feeling! And yea I might work a High w8 low Rep day into my routinue! [A testosterone boost might be bad for me lol, my voice is already deep and I don't need to be any hairier lol] and I don't want to have to deal with an IMPROVED Libido... God forbid... 20 years from now hopefully I'll still be doing this and THEN I'll be happy for what ever help I can get

One of my favorite things to do though is a shoulder work out

Hold your arms parrallel to your side with w8's in your hands,
slowy bring your shoulders up and slowy bring them down
I start on 20lbs end on 45lbs
5 lb increments and 12 reps a set
I go 20-45 then 45-20 again!

I don't have 40lb w8 just 45's so I'm waiting till I'm a little more regular b4 I start increasing! Regularity is my biggest goal right now!

I try to do this too because School Bags are so freaking heavy... want to have strong enough shoulders to carry my messanger bag around school without hurting my self lol, sadly I've got 2 more years of that crud to deal with

Quote:
doing heavy compound movements will strengthen the core more effectively, especially deadlifts and squats, lot of compound movements involves the core a lot. also doing planks is very good.
high intensity training like high intensity running and heavy compound lifting will burn bodyfat more effectively over time than slow pace cardio or the light weight high rep method. reason why is it forces your body to adapt and produce more testosterone and other growth hormones naturally.

Indeed, I've noticed that as well... so many things work Muscle A+Core.

Apr 28, 2012 at 11:43 PM Post #23 of 127

Quote:

One of my favorite things to do though is a shoulder work out

Hold your arms parrallel to your side with w8's in your hands,
slowy bring your shoulders up and slowy bring them down
I start on 20lbs end on 45lbs
5 lb increments and 12 reps a set
I go 20-45 then 45-20 again!

I don't have 40lb w8 just 45's so I'm waiting till I'm a little more regular b4 I start increasing! Regularity is my biggest goal right now!

I try to do this too because School Bags are so freaking heavy... want to have strong enough shoulders to carry my messanger bag around school without hurting my self lol, sadly I've got 2 more years of that crud to deal with

Indeed, I've noticed that as well... so many things work Muscle A+Core.

Also called Shrugs, works very well for your neck muscle (traps) extended to your shoulder area. Sounds like your doing more of a high rep low set workout. If I'm right and what your doing is called shrugs, I was able to do 2sets of 9 reps of 60kg weights (132lbs or 264lbs in total) in each hand with straps and I had to have a friend at the back of me to push my back in supporting me in case I collapsed or lost straight posture while doing shrugs. I felt sore for 2 days straight afterwards.

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:01 AM Post #24 of 127
Yea Shrugs because ur basically shurging your shoulders!

For planks I can do two 45 second ones or one 1min [maybe longer 1 min was my goal]

Last time I did em I could barely do 30 seconds so that's good but still lota work to do!

Sadly most of what I do has to be High Rep low w8 seeing as I lack heavier w8's! Our Dum Bells only go up to 35 and the Bench only has two 45 lb plates [I tried to shrug 70lb... let's say I did one... barely so props to u] But still I love Shrugs!

Also it's good to see we've got some solid participation here as well, hopefully by the time I start working more and I'm in college I'll be able to contribute some dietary info as well, I'm a Cullinary Major so I love to cook and cooking good healthy food is an art I'm sure all of us Weight-Fi posters would enjoy knowing more about!

Lastly time for SLEEP, need to improve my sleep habbits to!

Apr 29, 2012 at 12:03 AM Post #25 of 127

Quote:
Yea Shrugs because ur basically shurging your shoulders!

For planks I can do two 45 second ones or one 1min [maybe longer 1 min was my goal]

Last time I did em I could barely do 30 seconds so that's good but still lota work to do!

Sadly most of what I do has to be High Rep low w8 seeing as I lack heavier w8's! Our Dum Bells only go up to 35 and the Bench only has two 45 lb plates [I tried to shrug 70lb... let's say I did one... barely so props to u] But still I love Shrugs!

Also it's good to see we've got some solid participation here as well, hopefully by the time I start working more and I'm in college I'll be able to contribute some dietary info as well, I'm a Cullinary Major so I love to cook and cooking good healthy food is an art I'm sure all of us Weight-Fi posters would enjoy knowing more about!

Lastly time for SLEEP, need to improve my sleep habbits to!

Yeah workout early, sleep early. You need minimum 7-8 hrs of proper sleep for your body to recover.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:22 PM Post #26 of 127

Quote:

Kettle bells!!! Very good for strength training widely used for boxing as well as it increases muscle mass easily near your traps and lats area by doing the swing type movement with the kettle bells in front of you.

If I had to pick a single go-to exercise it would be Tabata-method high intensity intervals based on kettle bell swings. I am all about functional strength these days.  Running consists of sprints and intervals.  Some explosive lateral movement while being anchored/tethered with resistance bands.  I add sandbags, medicine ball and TRX suspension training to round things out.  No machines and nothing that is not a compound movement.  Everything base on HTT which is not only more beneficial and time efficient, but also leaves ample time for recovery.  I pay tennis 3-5 times per week --  the short, high intensity approach has paid huge dividends for me on the court.

Apr 29, 2012 at 3:34 PM Post #27 of 127
Very nice, high intensity would be good for playing sports! As you need to be able to swell and recede metaphorically speaking. Very nice, I still like endurance... a consistent exertion of effort that increase and decreases steadily! It reflects the kind of work I do, working without rest periods really! Although as with everything, there's not really a better way of doing anything just what works best for you

Still I do a little high intensity stuff when I'm really pissed... good way to blow some steam. Start at 90% and work as high as you can go while BLASTING some heavy tunes!

Oh everything vile and evil I did a 20 min high intesity work out just now, added 25lbs to my bench and did 5x8 I also added 10 lbs to my usual Dumb bells and did 3x10 as oppsed to 5x12 [again I'd like to go with more w8 and less rep but I don;t have very heavy w8s] In addition I did an extra set of my Abs and  did 2 Angled Dragon Flags... and HOLY ***** wow I felt muscles In my upper abs I didn't know existed... Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had my hands on a Bar that runs parrelle to my legs all the way up so it wasn't a proper Dragon Flag as I used a good bit of my arm I'm sure but still... WOW'z I really need to get my core in better shape... the hardest part to was coming down slowy [which I again barely did] so that being said... my usual set of Legs Lifts are like 5x as easy than 2 Cheating Dragon Flags so...I'm excited to be able to do sets of Dragon Flags... 12-16 months from now xD until then I need to perfect my leg lifts [as In slowly bring my legs down (which I've been doing more in the last month)]

So yea... I'm beat... plus I did mile run 2 hours b4 my w8 lifting so I'm super beat... But I'm hoping to do this as my daily

9:45 bed time 5:45 rise & shine [Gatta catch a 6:30 bus]
Do Plank/Push Up/Leg Lieft/Push Up/Plank 1 min on the planks and 12/1 on everything elese For when I get up and when I go to bed

Then have

Tues-Cardio
Weds-Low w8 High Rep
Thurs-Cardio
Fri-low w8 High Rep
Sat-Rest
Sun-High w8 Low Rep
Mon-Rest

That's my ideal plan... along with that plan I'm going to start making and portioning out my meals for school!

So as I go about this I'm sure I'll adjust it, non the less though... I wanna make some Progress!

Apr 30, 2012 at 7:56 AM Post #28 of 127
Yeh you feel your abs burn really bad after few dragonflags, takes a long while to master them fully, even then, I can do 6-8 but not bringing it down very slowly without me turning into a red tomato. lol

Apr 30, 2012 at 2:04 PM Post #29 of 127
Yea... the guy from the Video made the comment about being "super men" and wow... he must be pretty super... I saw his one armed Chin up video :O yow'z

Wow thread died... RESURECTION time

So I ran out of Whey Protein yesterday, and my step father is making an order from Puritian Pride today, so I asked him to get my some vitamins and supplements

My question are what can you guys tell me about

BCAA

From what I've read it's got very little or no side affects, it's a simple chain of 3 amino acids that are directly used by muscles for energy, as well as recovery [So it won't kill me xD] . Either way it sounds good, I even found some tips about when to take it and what effects it has, but have any one you even taken this as a supplement? If so what results did you guys get!

In addition what foods are good for boosting testosterone, Brocoli is the only that I've found so far...

May 20, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #30 of 127
I lift, but admittedly not much weight, being a narrow little troll with wrists less common past the age of eight. My goal is looks and mental anguish minimization, meaning curbing the crazies. Some great sites (mainly because there's a lot of free info and are much less full of BS compared to most weight lifting places)

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/

http://www.leangains.com/2010/04/leangains-guide.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Back