Wednesday Night at Hirsch's
Feb 6, 2006 at 2:04 AM Post #16 of 29
I'm sure you're right. I'm glad I was able to help kill a fellow member's wallet, even if indirectly.
biggrin.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:18 AM Post #18 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
WOW. That can has the potential to be Larry's Creme de la Creme of modded Grados, congrats on the deal!
icon10.gif

My philosophy is if your gonna do it; do it right the first time. Hopefully this will eradicate any want for upgradeitis
very_evil_smiley.gif
The great thing about being a kid is that you have no financial responsibilities... I now have 7 dollars to my name; I know I would not be able to do such a thing 10 years from now. Anyway the goal is to get a job and slave my a** off over the summer and be able to afford a balanced max come Fall.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:40 AM Post #20 of 29
akathriel; what grade are you in? I'm 17 and have the following, all paid for myself through sellign computers and the stock market:

60GB ipod
Super.Fi Pro 5
Mister X PPA 2
Grado RS-1
Emu 0404

Thought I was up there in the top for high school kids
rolleyes.gif

Guess not
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:52 AM Post #23 of 29
Creative Micro ->PA2v2->HD497
icon10.gif

I would not have made this purchase at this time if I was not so enchanted by the PS-1s and it wasn't a limited time opportunity. Like I said the goal is to have Headroom Balanced Max with Steps and a Max Dac in 6 months.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:56 AM Post #24 of 29
wow so you don't even have a balanced amp to drive them yet. That's gonna SUCK just staring at them while you're saving up. Congrats on the purchase though; perhaps we should start a team High-School-Fi
orphsmile.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:59 AM Post #25 of 29
Well...I got a single ended adapter so its not so bad. And I am really looking forward to hearing it out of Hirsch's SDS-XLR (with his permission.) I'm sure there already is a Team High School Fi just dont know whos on it...

Feb 6, 2006 at 6:33 AM Post #26 of 29
I used to have the RKV MRII and the K1000 combo, and they are truely magical. The RKV really bring out the best the K1000. I believe it help tamed the high on the K1000 and increased the bass.

Feb 6, 2006 at 8:22 AM Post #27 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by Computerpro3
perhaps we should start a team High-School-Fi
orphsmile.gif

Wayyy ahead of ya
wink.gif

Anyways, from what I remember hearing at last month the PS-1's are indeed very good dynamic headphones. However, I really liked the AKG K-1000's over at Musicdirect's booth. It didn't go loud enough for me to really hear them out (too much background noise), I did really like the fact that they do have the "speaker" sound characteristic which I like in a headphone.

*Edit: No Photos?!
tongue.gif

Feb 6, 2006 at 11:14 AM Post #28 of 29
Wow, you're one lucky kid to step inside Hirsch's sanctum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akathriel
the PS-1s took the cake and I tried everything... RS-1, K701,R10,010,HE90(the only real competitor)
orphsmile.gif
and L3000. On both the melos and the original supra (worked with the SDS-XLR but not all Hirsch's cans are balanced) the PS-1s blew the competition away.

You should have compared the PS1s with the HP1 or HP2 babies(?).

Hail the RKV/K1000 synergy
k1000smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back