wearing iems in reverse channels due to comfort
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:30 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

travis86

New Head-Fier
Hi there

This might be a dumb question but is there any adverse effect to the music or sound quality when wearing them in reverse, i.e. swapping the left right channel physically.

Reason i'm asking is that due to the angle of my sony xba's nozzle, wearing them with cable running over the ear causes discomfort but reversing the channels solves it completely.

Any views?

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #2 of 4
There is no sonic degradation other than you will now hear left as right and the reverse.

My experience with many Sony IEM products is that the newer models are designed to run the cable and thus driver body up and around the top of the ear instead of down.

Another option would be to find what Comply tips fit the body and swap the old tips out.  I had to do this with my Brainwavz M2 because the driver body rubbed my outer ear causing pain after a few minutes of use.  The Comply T-400 tips in my case worked wonders.

Jan 11, 2013 at 11:13 AM Post #4 of 4
Only downside is that you'll essentially be hearing the music as if standing with your back to the performance but unless you know how the performers are supposed to be arranged that doesn't really matter. It would big me with classical symphonic music where the orchestra is generally arranged more or less the same way so you know where sounds are supposed to come from but even that is not strictly true as orchestra arrangement does vary to some degree from one orchestra and coductor to another

Users who are viewing this thread

Back