We know your headphones... but what about your speakers?
Feb 15, 2007 at 10:30 PM Post #67 of 290
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by purk
SONY TA-N9000ES (Champagne color)
Sony TA-E9000ES (Champagne color)

Nice, I always wanted a pair of those seperates. There is a black pair at a local pawn shop right now. I'm considering purchasing just to say I own them!

Yep...they are pretty sweet combo especially in champagne color. I can live w/o HDMI switching and video upconvertiting so there is no need for the upgrade. I recently talked to a local paradigm dealer about upgrading the T/E9000ES to the STR-DA9000ES and he recommends me to keep the T/E9000ES. According to him, the 4.5K DA9000ES isn't upgrade to the T/E9000ES in audio quality, but is in video. He recommended me to go with the Anthem stuffs later along the road.

Purk

Feb 15, 2007 at 10:46 PM Post #69 of 290
Polk Audio LSi 15 about a month old
lsi15xl0.jpg

Feb 15, 2007 at 10:52 PM Post #70 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by swt61 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Those MBLs are so intriguing. How would you classify the sound Wayne? Is it more of a planar type sound or dynamic?

It's definitely more dymanic in terms of impact and punch, but it also has some of the seductiveness that you would associate with planers. What is most striking is that everyting seems so 3 dimensional because the the 360 degree radiation pattern.

Feb 15, 2007 at 10:53 PM Post #71 of 290
Von Schweikert Audio VR-4 upgraded to 5/7 status. Simply awesome for the one hour they spent in a perfect living room listening enviornment prior to them being banashed to my own "space" in the basement. Also awsome in the basement.

lambda.gif

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:35 PM Post #74 of 290
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wmcmanus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I'm just kidding about the Maggies being set up in my bathroom, although maybe if I hung them from the ceiling! They're currently in a closet, but I've rotated them in and out with the Martin Logans and Newforms at times.

christ, i was going to say... good luck getting the sweetspot with those maggies on the crapper!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back