We have a breakthrough at Best Buy!
Mar 20, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #136 of 151
i went to bestbuy to check out the kiosk again and the headphones weren't even attached to anything this time. they even had the 3.5mm mini plug adapter and i really enjoyed the sound with my ipod touch. Seriously i could have walked out with them, sure security would have been waiting for me but i would have made a run for it. i would have been on the news and i would have shouted out head-fi.

They only had 2 headphones on display this time though, down from 5......

Mar 20, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #137 of 151

Quote:

New listening stations at the new Best Buys in Dallas. OMG good headphones for the masses. Some of the new ones have a special Magnolia AV section and they have a listening station in them. They also sell headphone amps, high end record players and I saw the B&W Nautilus. They had the 800s, 598, 518, AKG high end...etc...just expressing the elation I saw at Best Buy today.

which best buy? in denton?   

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:57 AM Post #138 of 151
Well it's certainly a step in the right direction.

I would love to see the customers faces when they listen to the Beats demos for a little bit, and then wander over to where the REAL headphones are and give them a shot, ahah.

Hopefully this kind of thing spreads. Here in the suburbs of Chicago, all the Best Buys have are the Beats/Bose demo stations. Gag me.

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:18 AM Post #139 of 151

Quote:

I would love to see the customers faces when they listen to the Beats demos for a little bit, and then wander over to where the REAL headphones are and give them a shot, ahah.

Hopefully this kind of thing spreads. Here in the suburbs of Chicago, all the Best Buys have are the Beats/Bose demo stations. Gag me.

This is great marketing by Best Buy! People will listen to both Beats and Sennheiser, compare the prices, and buy the cheaper and better sounding Sennheiser =)

Mar 21, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #140 of 151

Quote:
This is great marketing by Best Buy! People will listen to both Beats and Sennheiser, compare the prices, and buy the cheaper and better sounding Sennheiser =)

I don't know if that's what Best Buy has in mind (because I bet they sure love the cash that the Beats roll in), but I'm crossing my fingers big time that this is what happens. A headphone revolution, if you will.

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:57 AM Post #141 of 151
I wish my local BB had something like this. Unfortunately there is nothing that I know around ATL where you can audition headphones. I read reviews, read more reviews, purchase, listen then resale or return if I don't like them.

Mar 21, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #143 of 151
I visited the Dallas Best Buy listening station a couple of weeks ago. They had 4 - 6 headphones nicely displayed; however, during my visit, there was no player/amp attached to any of them. When I finally got the attention of the nice, but clueless sales person, he initially tried to demo the 300 ohm Senn 800s on his iPhone!! I pointed out that he might want to use something with a bit more power.... He then tried 3 more output devices in the "Magnolia" sound room with no success. We finally got them hooked up and working on a mid-fi rig (with input from iPhone's Pandora) in a giant, noisy room...definitely not the kind of demo the would let any high end phone shine. Bottom line: While the headphones *are* on display, the listening experience is still very much a "work in progress."

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #144 of 151
Man, I'm so jelly, bro. The Bestbuy I go to only has some one or two lower end sennheisers, skull candies, and beats...

I would love to listen to those HD800s.

Mar 21, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #146 of 151

Quote:

+1

Mar 22, 2012 at 4:37 AM Post #149 of 151
Now if only we could have more of this. I really love testing headphones before making an opinion on them.
Only thing actually testable here in Norway is Denons, and I have tried them all 
redface.gif

Mar 22, 2012 at 5:11 AM Post #150 of 151

Quote:
--Beats fan likes Beats. Listens to not-Beats.

--"Werz da bass bro?"

--Karate-chop their Beats in half and replace with ATH-Pro700MK2's.

--If complaining persists, take those back and just duct tape a damn subwoofer to their head.

Know a person that is trying to turn his backpack into a portable sub woofer. Seriously, no one gives the slightest about anything but the thud they get from bass notes. Because i mean, then you blast a subwoofer in your truck at like 100db nothing will ever sound as loud so you have to find ways to get the same amount of loud everywhere.

Another question I get asked if some one sees my beyers out around town "Do those go louder than the beats/skullcandy/wesk?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back