We Got Ti Kan (AMB) an HD800!
Jan 17, 2010 at 9:39 PM Post #167 of 513
Can you clarify the paypal fees? The following applies to regular members. Premium members might be subject to additional fees.

Quote:

What are the fees for PayPal accounts?
Sending money – Personal payments:

It's free within the U.S. to send money to family and friends when you use your PayPal balance or bank account and you send the money through the PayPal website.

There is a fee to send money as a personal payment using a debit card or credit card. The fee in the U.S. is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you send. For example, if you send $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30). For personal payments, the sender can pay the fee or pass it on to the recipient.

Receiving money – Personal payments:

It's free to receive money from friends or family in the U.S. when they send the money from the PayPal website using their PayPal balance or their bank account.

If you receive a personal payment made from a debit card or credit card, the sender has the option to pay the fee or pass it on to you.

If the fee is passed to you, it is 2.9% plus $0.30 USD of the amount you receive. For example, if you are sent $100.00 USD by credit card, the fee would be $3.20 USD ($2.90 + $0.30).

There is a fee if you click Request Money on the PayPal website and request money from friends and family.

It would seem we can send $10 and pay the fee, if applicable. Do you have additional fees on your end?

Jan 18, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #171 of 513
I'll contribute
smily_headphones1.gif
Gamma2 + CK2III = Thanks Ti!

Jan 18, 2010 at 6:00 AM Post #172 of 513
110??? i say we take MisterX up on his $100 and put it toward a cable upgrade
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2010 at 7:07 AM Post #173 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by fishski13 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
110??? i say we take MisterX up on his $100 and put it toward a cable upgrade
biggrin.gif

I will have to check with the staff on that. A cable company already offered to donate a cable and they didn't feel it was appropriate. I don't know if actually purchasing one would be different. Plus the fact that Ti is an engineer he may not feel there would be any benefit to an aftermarket cable. Perhaps a mod can comment.

Jan 18, 2010 at 8:15 AM Post #175 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^

I'd suggest that we give Ti the HD800s as Sennheiser made them. I would argue against a cable upgrade.

Not to micro manage, but that's what I'd suggest as well. Of course, it's a collective gift, so you're all free to do as you wish. If you do decide to send an upgrade cable, it would be appropriate to include the stock cable along with the package as well.

If an after-market cable is involved in the deal, it should be purchased at the normal retail price from whichever company's product best serves your needs, rather than being donated by a cable company to shirt-tail on the positive PR that such threads bring. Companies wishing to do promotional giveaways are free to do so by taking out MOT sponsored threads where their prizes are seen by all as upfront and honest advertising.

Jan 18, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #177 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^

I'd suggest that we give Ti the HD800s as Sennheiser made them. I would argue against a cable upgrade.

I agree, I don’t think Ti’s a strong believer in cable differences, I think it’s a waste.

Jan 18, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #180 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by komi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Can someone PM me PayPal email address, i cant wait OP to wake up, i am in Europe +1 GMT ... LoL

Proud member of TiKan Prototyping Team !

I'm up. Please read the first post. PayPal e-mail address will not be given and no money will be collected until the list has filled up, at which point I will PM everyone. When the list is filled I will make sure my PayPal account only has my $10 in it. When the account is filled to $1400 it will be sent immediately to TTVJ. If for any reason additional contributions are given, the money will be donated to the Red Cross Haiti Relief Fund.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back