We Got Ti Kan (AMB) an HD800!
Jan 15, 2010 at 7:52 AM Post #92 of 513
I'm all for helping out the earthquake victims, but what's with the announcements that you've sent donations to them? What ever happened to just sending the money without letting the world know? You probably aren't trying to do this on purpose, but you're coming across as pretty lame. Donations should be about the recipients, not the senders. :/

Back a bit more on topic: it seems there are some not comfortable with sending the money to a middleman first, and you can't really blame them, no matter who that middleman may be. What if the money was sent directly to TTVJ? Is there any way to make this easy on both us and you, Todd?

Jan 15, 2010 at 7:56 AM Post #93 of 513
My offer stands, and I can extend it more - if anybody is not comfortable with sending money to "any middleman", I will easily front it to IPodPJ on their behalf and collect it after Ti has received the headphones. Yes, I simply trust him that much.
wink.gif

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:07 AM Post #94 of 513
n3rdling, are you in for $10? I assume so from your response but can't be sure.

Sure, if Todd is cool with counting names and collecting money from 140 people that's fine. But I don't think you should volunteer him for something or pressure him to do something he didn't ask to do.

FallenAngel, that is very generous but I don't think it's necessary. This is getting a little silly already. Do some of you honestly think any member here is going to steal money from 140 people? Aside from the obvious ethical reasons, that's a crime and would result in jailtime. I ask the mods to please remove any such posts in the future, and if they choose to pick someone to collect the money it is fine with me. But please stop detracting from the purpose of this thread which is to give thanks to a member of the community we appreciate and respect by doing something nice for him.

Jan 15, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #97 of 513
Quote:

Originally Posted by IPodPJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sure, if Todd is cool with counting names and collecting money from 140 people that's fine. But I don't think you should volunteer him for something or pressure him to do something he didn't ask to do.

That wasn't my intention at all.

Jan 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM Post #101 of 513
Please count me in for at least one spot! Ti and his work (esp the b22) is one of the reasons I got into this hobby which will be my profession in some time, I hope. And the HD800 is a dream,so I guess a worthy gift to a fellow head-fi contributor. greetz and thank you all and esp to the mod for this opportunity!

Jan 15, 2010 at 11:34 AM Post #104 of 513
In. He deserves something to cuddle with to remind him he's appreciated. Wish we could get it custom engraved or something.

It does make me wonder....
He may be tops on the list, but he's not the only one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back