We are all Dorks!!!
Nov 25, 2004 at 10:13 PM Post #16 of 37
I've been writing three audio-related articles for 'offline' publication, talked headphones/music with a fellow (not very active) Head-Fi member in a pub, carrying on my E3c vs ER-6i comparison while travelling around and writing up some review notes on the Sennheiser PX10... and doing my 'day job'.

King Dork I think. Thank you, thank you.

Nov 25, 2004 at 10:22 PM Post #17 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
That was "Wayne's world" IIRC
biggrin.gif

"a sphincter sais what?"

"what?"

"a sphincter sais what?"

"what?"

"exactly"

Nov 26, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #19 of 37
Maybe I'm old school but dorks never got...um...any. Nor was there any hope they would either. EVER. So all you folks with wives, girlfriends etc., you can proudly walk away now, heads held high and proclaim: "I AM NOT A DORK!"

Nov 26, 2004 at 4:17 AM Post #20 of 37
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zanth
Maybe I'm old school but dorks never got...um...any. Nor was there any hope they would either. EVER. So all you folks with wives, girlfriends etc., you can proudly walk away now, heads held high and proclaim: "I AM NOT A DORK!"

That's harsh, but true.

Nov 26, 2004 at 4:57 AM Post #21 of 37
Thanksgiving is always sort of blah day - a day when I feel most disconnected from home, with a husband that so doesn't care about this. Well, thanksgiving isn't big here.
wink.gif

But, my new ibook was delivered today. And the fact that it had my mind off of holliday blahs, and happily configuring things speaks volumes -

This kind of therapy would only work for a dork.
biggrin.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 6:17 AM Post #23 of 37
heh he.... yup, i would have to agree: we are all dorks here. anyone that fantasizes about HEADPHONES and says they are not dorks are probably even dorkier than the normal dorks here!
biggrin.gif
as for all the "speak for yourself" people... they're just in denial. and you know, the heaviest alcoholics are probably those who deny the most................. you know what i mean.
tongue.gif

but i would like to point out and admit that i'm dorky in many areas beyond headphones. heh he. and proud of that.

Nov 26, 2004 at 7:02 AM Post #25 of 37
Let me consult my dictionary.......nope not a dork
tongue.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 1:20 PM Post #27 of 37
we are definately geeks, not dorks... and that is fine, because geeks are cool nowadays
wink.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 4:41 PM Post #28 of 37
WOW a nice thread full of nothing.
tongue.gif

I spent Thansgiving day at work, all night the night before, all day turkey day, and all night last night. I just got home. I am quite proud of the fact that I did not partake of any Thanksgiving festivities. I didn't even leave the motel. I made a couple phone calls and that was it.
Of course I did that so that plainsong would feel better about havnig a non Thanksgiving day at her house. This way her and my wife have that day in common.
tongue.gif

I think I would fall in the dork catagory, but my wife says I am a nerd.
rolleyes.gif
I doubt that I could pass the test to be qualified as a geek.
icon10.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 5:33 PM Post #29 of 37
nerds snort and pick their nose...
blink.gif

Nov 26, 2004 at 5:38 PM Post #30 of 37
I felt pretty geeky when I explained to a friend yesterday what I've spent my money on. "Weeeelll, a iPod, etys, sr-71, and a special cable just to access the line out signal easily....".He just stared at me, and shook his head! I felt geeky, alright!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back