Ways to improve sony IER-Z1r fit?
Jul 22, 2021 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

carolpp

New Head-Fier
Has anyone explored with improving SONY IER-Z1r fit?
Looking for
1) Cable recommendation (I tried connecting to my existing MMCX cable, and upon trying separate it, it broke the cable :frowning2: 2) Any other fit adjustment recommendation.

Jul 23, 2021 at 6:04 AM Post #2 of 4
Has anyone explored with improving SONY IER-Z1r fit?
Looking for
1) Cable recommendation (I tried connecting to my existing MMCX cable, and upon trying separate it, it broke the cable :frowning2: 2) Any other fit adjustment recommendation.
I'm using the stock cable with IER-Z1R, it’s very good as is. You can get this MMCX tool to help with removing cable, works well:

https://www.mtmtaudio.com/collectio...-assist-for-in-ear-monitor-iem-earphone-green

As far as fit, I’ve tried a few different tips outside of the stock ones, Final E are easily the best for me.

Jan 12, 2023 at 6:50 AM Post #4 of 4
Try as many tips and sizes as you can, especially try smaller tips than you'd normally use.
I typically use medium size tips, but with the Z1R I had to go to SS for best fit, and the differences in fit and comfort were HUGE!
Final type E SS allowed for deep insertion but were really uncomfortable/painful, and in the end the stock hybrid rubber-silicone tip in SS size provided really comfortable fit with great sound. The only remaining issue I have is that they tend to move and I have to keep pushing them back in regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back