Ways of getting paid on eBay not PayPal
Apr 22, 2006 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Captain

500+ Head-Fier
I have two Sansui TU-X1 tuners I want to sell on eBay. I am in the UK but the biggest market for these tuners is the US. I really do not want to get paid through PayPal as I will have to pay them a big fee, especially if these tuners go for what they usually do. I do not mind bank transfer but I am always worried about giving my bank details to some one I do not know. How safe is taking payment through transfer from someone's account to mine, can any body do any thing with the information I will have to give them.

Thanks

Apr 22, 2006 at 9:00 PM Post #2 of 6
There's an easy solution for you. Have the buyer pay you via Western Union BidPay. I've accepted it for years and I love the service.

BidPay takes their credit card, makes a currency conversion (if necessary) and mails you a Western Union money order. The buyer pays about $5.00 USD for this and there's no fee for the seller. BidPay sends the seller an e-mail as soon as payment is made (so you know) and you also know the funds are good.

It's a terrific service, and you don't even need to register; just tell the buyer to use it.

Apr 22, 2006 at 9:37 PM Post #4 of 6
If you’ve got 2 nice Sansui TU-X1 tuners then you’ll want to present the sale properly to get the Best Bang for your effort.

Though PayPal might be expensive for a sale of this magnitude there’s some perception of Security for the Buyer which will encourage a more vigorous response on their part.

A Bank Transfer cost me $45 and the time to go down and do it- not the most user friendly method. So what are the tuners worth- several thousand each? So with a sale of $2K you’re out $60 plus maybe a currency conversion?

BidPay- If you don’t ship me the product what’s my recourse as a buyer?

I’d think a safe or perceived safe method of payment for the Buyer via say PayPal would easily equate to at least a 10 percent increase in sale price. I’ve never used BidPay and as such I’d be unwilling to use it for a transaction of this magnitude. Awesome audio Gear? From Great Britain? Western Union? Nothing personal but (even if due to my misinformation) those are not key words for a successful internet transaction.

With PayPal I’d be paying with a Credit Card for another level of perceived security.

At least your doing the proper research. Personally I’d think the 3% charge for PayPal would easily be returned via a higher sale price.

Don’t forget to time your sale for the most exposure and easiest bidding if focused to the USA. I like between 7pm Pacific Standard and 8PM on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. That’s not too late on the East Coast and not too early on the West Coast.

Good Luck I wish I was listing them.

Mitch

Apr 23, 2006 at 12:32 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
If you’ve got 2 nice Sansui TU-X1 tuners then you’ll want to present the sale properly to get the Best Bang for your effort.

Though PayPal might be expensive for a sale of this magnitude there’s some perception of Security for the Buyer which will encourage a more vigorous response on their part.

A Bank Transfer cost me $45 and the time to go down and do it- not the most user friendly method. So what are the tuners worth- several thousand each? So with a sale of $2K you’re out $60 plus maybe a currency conversion?

BidPay- If you don’t ship me the product what’s my recourse as a buyer?

I’d think a safe or perceived safe method of payment for the Buyer via say PayPal would easily equate to at least a 10 percent increase in sale price. I’ve never used BidPay and as such I’d be unwilling to use it for a transaction of this magnitude. Awesome audio Gear? From Great Britain? Western Union? Nothing personal but (even if due to my misinformation) those are not key words for a successful internet transaction.

With PayPal I’d be paying with a Credit Card for another level of perceived security.

At least your doing the proper research. Personally I’d think the 3% charge for PayPal would easily be returned via a higher sale price.

Don’t forget to time your sale for the most exposure and easiest bidding if focused to the USA. I like between 7pm Pacific Standard and 8PM on a Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday. That’s not too late on the East Coast and not too early on the West Coast.

Good Luck I wish I was listing them.

Mitch

Sound advice thanks

Apr 23, 2006 at 1:15 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
Not sure they are trading any more LINK

They aren't, but it looks like they were acquired by another company and may be resuming service later this year:

http://www.bidpay.com

Not sure I'd trust them as much as when they were run by Western Union however (but they're a NASDAQ company so I suppose alright).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back