Way to mate my Ultrasone Edition 8 with my dCS Debussy
Jan 19, 2011 at 1:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

agentsmith

New Head-Fier
I just changed from a Weiss DAC202 which has a fantastic headphone amp to a dCS Debussy which only has interconect out for RCA and XLR balanced to pre-amp.  My pre-amp also does not have any headphpne out.  Now my Ultrasone is left with no way to connect to my main hi-fi system.

Since the Ultrasone is known to be quite easy to drive, is there anyway that I could connect to either the dCS balanced out or my pre-amp RCA out without a headphone amp?

If not, what would be a decent headphone for the Ultrasone Edition 8 that does not cost muc more than $300 but still is a match for the quality of the dCS source and the Ultrasone?  I do not want to spend too much at this point.  And I do not need need listening at high volume level.

Jan 19, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #2 of 3
Any idea anyone?  Is there a way to connect the Ultrasone Edition 8 to the Debussy directly without a headphone amp?

Failing that, what is a sanely priced amp that won't shame the Ultrasone?  Preferrably with XLR in?

Oct 13, 2017 at 9:13 PM Post #3 of 3
You can drive the Ultrasones with your Debussy, but it is not made with driving headphones in mind, but it can because it got 6 volts output, just give dCS an email before you try it out with the impedance and sensitivity spec of your headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back