WattGate, Marinco,Furutech,Oyaide,etc real world differences?
Feb 9, 2007 at 2:35 PM Post #31 of 40
I know these are probably the Oyaide 'fakes', but I think it is more likely that they are all made in the same factory and Oyaide just has more strict testing and polishing standards.

Take a look at PC-IEC-TB and PC-US-TBP here: http://www.vt4c.com/shop/program/mai..._id=3&hit_cat=

The see through wall outlets they sell look decent as well. I ordered the tube socket rings for my amp from this company and they came quick and were packed well.
wink.gif

Given that TakeFiveAudio sells the 'same' 037 series plugs for over $90CDN, $18USD is a steal!

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by bhd812 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
those are the Oyaide "fakes" I talked about earlier..
People on AA slam these plugs but no real tests have been done to see if these are fake or real. It can be done easily but the price is a real Oyaide plug and a "fake" plug which will be ruined in the test..who wants to put up $100+ for such a test? I would but now at this time just cant..maybe in the future. I have a firm belief these eBay "fake" plugs come from the same manufacture in Japan..but the question is does Oyaide plate and polish them afterwards themselves or no?..again it can be answered in the testing.

I have a few Oyaide SWO-XXX outlets and i swear by them! amazing quality and difference in sonics. I would die to get my hands on something like the outlets for the ebay prices..then again who wouldnt?
cool.gif

A clue may line in the fact that many if not all manufacturers of expensive medical testing equipment, like $500K ultrasound machines, use standard hospital grade power cords.

Feb 9, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlhm5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A clue may line in the fact that many if not all manufacturers of expensive medical testing equipment, like $500K ultrasound machines, use standard hospital grade power cords.

I fail to see any parallel between medical equipment and hi-fi audio. The only consideration that is given to a power cord used on a '$500K ultrasound machine' is its reliability. They want to be sure it does not fail. Audiophiles are obviously concerned with other factors.

You don't need to troll every cable thread you know...
wink.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 5:35 PM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

If it's a 500k high end setup, it might matter.. Not for industrial envirements, where the recuirements are quite different.

So, for audio, this is clueless.....
cool.gif
blink.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fail to see any parallel between medical equipment and hi-fi audio. The only consideration that is given to a power cord used on a '$500K ultrasound machine' is its reliability. They want to be sure it does not fail. Audiophiles are obviously concerned with other factors.

You don't need to troll every cable thread you know...
wink.gif

Incorrect. Ultrasound is all about signal transmission. A weak link anywhere could mean a missed or faulty diagnosis.

Feb 9, 2007 at 6:13 PM Post #36 of 40
Sorry, are you trying to argue that you do need a boutique power cord for an ultrasound machine and that there will be improvements as you improve upon the connectors? Did you read what I wrote? As long as you have a reliable cable that will not fail it will be sufficient. What do you think the 'hospital grade' designation signifies?
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2007 at 8:31 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by philodox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, are you trying to argue that you do need a boutique power cord for an ultrasound machine and that there will be improvements as you improve upon the connectors? Did you read what I wrote? As long as you have a reliable cable that will not fail it will be sufficient. What do you think the 'hospital grade' designation signifies?
rolleyes.gif

Nope, I am making the point that the manufacturer of a $500K ultrasound machine would not commit marketing suicide and skimp on a power cord if there was any reason a more exotic one could somehow aid in signal transmission.

Taking a clue from all the engineers who design these expensive signal dependent machines is probably a clue as to what importance they put on a power cord.

Feb 10, 2007 at 6:29 AM Post #38 of 40
Quote:

Nope, I am making the point that the manufacturer of a $500K ultrasound machine would not commit marketing suicide and skimp on a power cord if there was any reason a more exotic one could somehow aid in signal transmission.

Taking a clue from all the engineers who design these expensive signal dependent machines is probably a clue as to what importance they put on a power cord.

Does the end of the signal go to human ears or a computer?

Feb 10, 2007 at 5:43 PM Post #40 of 40
I stand by that they are completely different circumstances. If you can't see that, I don't know what to say to you.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back