Waterloo Meet
Jan 9, 2004 at 5:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29

NotoriousBIG_PJ

Step 1: Plug power cable into wall. Step 2: Plug other end of power cable into....umm.... Step 0.5: Order something to power with power cable.
edit: Looks like there is some interest being shown. The plan is to hold the meet at my apartment on March 6th in the afternoon. Please let me know if you would like to come to the meet but this is a bad date for you.

I will look into getting some loaner gear for the meet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

New thread:

http://www5.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=59029

Jan 15, 2004 at 11:42 PM Post #3 of 29
The way my current schedule's going I have Thursdays and weekends free, prefered days for meets are thursday and Saturday. I'll have to see if I can grab the family car for the trip there, depends on weather too, I ain't driving in snow or freezing rain. I'd say there's about a 65-70% chance I can make it.

Jan 17, 2004 at 12:32 AM Post #4 of 29
how far is it from toronto? i never got a good chance to listen to your system at my place.

where is it gonna be held? a dorm? should i wear my muscle shirt?

Jan 17, 2004 at 1:25 AM Post #5 of 29
Waterloo's about 40 minutes to an hour from Toronto, depending on traffic and how fast you drive. I think late January is best for me, things start getting busy for me after that. I've secured use of the family car so all it depends on now is weather, my chances of being able to make it have gone up a good 10%, and if someone wants to come with me they go up even more.

Jan 17, 2004 at 3:23 AM Post #6 of 29
How does saturday, February 7th sound? In the afternoon.

I live in a small apartment. We can setup gear in my family room and I'll have my stuff hooked up in my room.

Also there is a Little Ceasers near by where we can get $5 medium pizzas.
wink.gif

Biggie.

Jan 17, 2004 at 7:51 AM Post #8 of 29
If guys laugh at me I'm gonna kick somebody's ass......but I thought Biggie was talkin' about Waterloo,Iowa. What was that thread in TIO about American's view of the world?
biggrin.gif

I said I would try to make it and I'll keep my word,even it is in Maple Leaf Spings or where ever you said.

Jan 17, 2004 at 3:30 PM Post #10 of 29
aerius, could i carpool with you if we go? my girlfriend leased her car and she yells at me when i use it to go far. i could drive to your place, you live no more than 15 minutes away.

however, if it becomes necessary, i'm sure i could drive a few people there in her car.

(anyone know how to disconnect the odometer in a 2003 civic?)

toodles!

Jan 17, 2004 at 3:34 PM Post #11 of 29
Muffin man, if you could make it to my place then from there you could hitch a ride with me.

My girlfriend will probably come, to see where all of our money is going.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jan 17, 2004 at 6:32 PM Post #12 of 29
that may be too much for my parents to handle. my mom trusts me, but i don't think i could ask them if i could go with some older guy they don't know in his car out of town with 900 dollars worth of my gear. i don't think any parent would feel good about that. but hey, ya never know. i may just wait till the next one that is ttc accesible.

Jan 17, 2004 at 11:12 PM Post #15 of 29
Quote:

Originally posted by tomek
if you want, my mom could write your mom a note.

hahahahahahahah.

wink.gif

And then he has to tear off the signed permission slip and hand it in to you like we did for field trips in junior school.
biggrin.gif

And yes I can give someone a ride, but I'm not responsible for any "accidents" which result in the passenger falling out of the door...which ends up with me inheriting their gear.
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back