Watercooler Tour Thread - (New eligible participants welcome PM me for details.) - See second post for active tours.
Jun 7, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #678 of 1,180
When are some of these going to make their way to the US...FF, Penon, etc...we're missing out down here 🤣

Jun 12, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #683 of 1,180
Mentor kit received from @marklivia

Unfortunately, the Custom Art IEMs aren't a good fit for my ears. The shells are super compact, but the angle of the nozzles aren't really compatible with my ears. I can semi-force them in, but it stretches out my ear and causes discomfort after a few minutes. Either that or the top of the IEM would stick out at an angle. I had this same issue when I owned the Harmony 8.2.

Jun 12, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #684 of 1,180
Mentor kit received from @marklivia

Unfortunately, the Custom Art IEMs aren't a good fit for my ears. The shells are super compact, but the angle of the nozzles aren't really compatible with my ears. I can semi-force them in, but it stretches out my ear and causes discomfort after a few minutes. Either that or the top of the IEM would stick out at an angle. I had this same issue when I owned the Harmony 8.2.
I am looking forward to trying the universals...i have the F5 in CIEM and couldn't be happier with it.

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #686 of 1,180
I think it was mentioned previously, but wow, be careful with the Mentor cable/connectors. I just placed the IEMs down on my table and the right side earphone just popped out of the connector. I'm not sure what the point is of having recessed connectors when you can't fully insert the connectors into the sockets. I don't know if this is a QC issue, but I also have a CIEM version of the Mentor waiting to be re-shelled and the connectors on those are loose as well. Has @UniqueMelody ever addressed this issue?

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #687 of 1,180
I think it was mentioned previously, but wow, be careful with the Mentor cable/connectors. I just placed the IEMs down on my table and the right side earphone just popped out of the connector. I'm not sure what the point is of having recessed connectors when you can't fully insert the connectors into the sockets. I don't know if this is a QC issue, but I also have a CIEM version of the Mentor waiting to be re-shelled and the connectors on those are loose as well. Has @UniqueMelody ever addressed this issue?
Not officially but it is a known issue with many Mentor owners as well as Indigo owners…seems to be a UM issue..

Jun 14, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #689 of 1,180
So I should be fine as long as I don't leave the house and have full carpeting.
Hah! For real!

I swapped in the Brise Yatono Ultimate 4w on my Mentor and it’s super secure

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #690 of 1,180
I will follow up this with our crafting team. We have reported this issue on MK2/Indigo to the socket manufacturer. If that is not improving on Mentor. We will figure out an alternative plan.

Unique Melody Feel free to reach out to us at any time! To reach me personally, leave me a PM or email me at umwang@uniquemelody.org and I'll get back to you as soon as I can! Stay updated on Unique Melody at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/UniqueMelodyIEM/ https://twitter.com/UniqueMelodyIEM http://en.uniquemelody.org/ uniquemelodyusa@gmail.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back