Watched IronMan tonight - Very cool
Oct 7, 2008 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

lewislink

Banned
They really did a good job with the graphics and direction of the movie. What I like most about it is the technology is doable ...all but the power source, anyway...and the flying.

There is already such technology around. If anybody remembers the movie, Aliens, those fork lift walking body suits were real and in use in Norway or one of those type countries in that part of the world.

I doubt the durability as displayed when the IronMan suit took armor hit would be doable but the most part of the tech should be.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #2 of 34
I've just bought from iTunes last Saturday to enjoy the weekend.
It's really good but there's some exaggeration, something like heroism.
It felt dissappointed that "nothing" happened to his beautiful secretary. Paltrow is always nice as ever.

Oct 7, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #3 of 34
I read an article in some newspaper about technologies in ironman movie. There're some studies about those technologies. Some are doable, some are not... according to the article. Don't ask me what news paper, I forgot.

I liked the movie very much because watching Gwyneth Paltrow always is good. Robert Downey Jr? who cares.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:07 AM Post #4 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just bought from iTunes last Saturday to enjoy the weekend.
It's really good but there's some exaggeration, something like heroism.
It felt dissappointed that "nothing" happened to his beautiful secretary. Paltrow is always nice as ever.

Ironman really was never about romance (thank heavens!).

Plus, if something happened in the first movie, there wouldn't be enough for the second!

Patience is a virtue.

Nylan

PS: ZAP IT UP, ZAP IT UP, ZAP IT UP IRONMAN!

Oct 7, 2008 at 4:09 AM Post #5 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Plus, if something happened in the first movie, there wouldn't be enough for the second!

lol
somehow it's true.
We gonna have Paperman.

Oct 7, 2008 at 1:01 PM Post #6 of 34
Yeah; the tech stuff was fun, but that movie can really get your subwoofer to get up and dance!

Knock the dust offa that driver for sure!!

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #8 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They really did a good job with the graphics and direction of the movie. What I like most about it is the technology is doable ...all but the power source, anyway...and the flying.

There is already such technology around. If anybody remembers the movie, Aliens, those fork lift walking body suits were real and in use in Norway or one of those type countries in that part of the world.

I doubt the durability as displayed when the IronMan suit took armor hit would be doable but the most part of the tech should be.

No way the computer (Jarvis) is do-able with current or near future technology. There is a big difference between speech recognition and asking a computer to make design choices (correctly) for you!

Great movie
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 7, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #10 of 34
Yea I missed it in theaters but watched it in HD at home. Great movie!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back