Watched IronMan tonight - Very cool
Oct 9, 2008 at 10:54 PM Post #16 of 34
I hope everyone's seen the tidbit after the credits, make sure to go back and check it out if you haven't!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It felt dissappointed that "nothing" happened to his beautiful secretary. Paltrow is always nice as ever.

Pepper Pots actually got into an accident in a recent Invincible Iron Man comic that made Tony put one of those things into her heart as well...highly doubt they'd do it in the sequels though

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #17 of 34
Hmmm...Nick Fury and the Avenger initiative. Just now saw it and it seems the long agency name will receive a permanent short name.

I never read the comics and know nothing of the IronMan history. Was never into comics. I never liked to read.

By the way, that little skit began to make me think the Jumper movie was being tied into it someway. No kidding, that's exactly what was going through my mind, that IronMan was going to face the wrath of SLJ...LOL

Oct 9, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #18 of 34
I am loving the Invincible Iron Man comics too!

The best thing about the movie was the balance of practice and digital special effects. (having been in practical special effects its nice to see some non-cg effects) Thank you Jon Favreau.

Oct 10, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #19 of 34
Agreed, Jon Favreau did an amazing job. I hope the other directors can do just as well with the Captain America, Thor, and Avengers movies.

Oct 11, 2008 at 1:46 PM Post #20 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like Terrance Howard might get to fly around in a suit in the next one. At least he hinted at it when he said, "Next time, baby"

Clearly we'll be seeing Warmachine in the next movie.

Nylan

Oct 11, 2008 at 8:38 PM Post #21 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by nylan8301 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Clearly we'll be seeing Warmachine in the next movie.

Nylan

That's another good character from the series? I know nothing of the IronMan history.

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #22 of 34
Yeah i watched it recently at a friends house on dvd and got a lot more out of it then expected.
Although, I must say i found the final fight sequence disappointing.
I really liked that car he was driving. some sort of Audi

Oct 11, 2008 at 9:50 PM Post #23 of 34
I'll give it a try someday.

Oct 13, 2008 at 1:15 PM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Meta-Fi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah i watched it recently at a friends house on dvd and got a lot more out of it then expected.

To me the film would have been a slighly above average film if it wern't for the two leads. However as they are there, it is hugely beyond average (though not at dark knight quality).

I suggest anyone who enjoyed this to check out The Inredible Hulk.
smily_headphones1.gif
It deffinatly does not have an anti-climatic fight.

Oct 14, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Really, I thought it was satisfying enough... I am a bit bias seeing as next to Batman, Ironman is my favorite super hero. (That said I liked Iron Man a lot more than Dark Knight)

I personally can't stand the mentality that there has to be this "finale" in an action movie. IMO this was a very well rounded movie including just the right amount of comedy, action, thought, and entertainment. Not to mention geek factor. Not all movies need to have the flashy cars huge fight scenes, obscene 3D effects, and flashy gadgets we see in so many movies. (Although isn't that the formula for James Bond? Well I love James Bond so don't get me wrong there is a time and a place...)

By the way that car would be the Audi R8.

Oct 14, 2008 at 7:40 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I suggest anyone who enjoyed this to check out The Inredible Hulk.
smily_headphones1.gif
It deffinatly does not have an anti-climatic fight.

I like Iron Man quite a bit, but I thought the Hulk was pretty bad. Something went awry with it. The first 8 minutes got my hopes up (they're good) but the movie became very by-the-numbers after that.

Oct 14, 2008 at 10:01 AM Post #29 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by jordanross /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really, I thought it was satisfying enough... I am a bit bias seeing as next to Batman, Ironman is my favorite super hero. (That said I liked Iron Man a lot more than Dark Knight)

I personally can't stand the mentality that there has to be this "finale" in an action movie. IMO this was a very well rounded movie including just the right amount of comedy, action, thought, and entertainment. Not to mention geek factor. Not all movies need to have the flashy cars huge fight scenes, obscene 3D effects, and flashy gadgets we see in so many movies. (Although isn't that the formula for James Bond? Well I love James Bond so don't get me wrong there is a time and a place...)

By the way that car would be the Audi R8.

drools at that car..
Anyway I didn't find the final scene bad per se, but I would say that it seemed predictable, anti-climactic and short.
Over all I agree that it had a great mix of humor, action, poignant themes, and technology. As well as a great performance by Robert Downy jr.

Oct 14, 2008 at 3:00 PM Post #30 of 34
Quote:

As well as a great performance by Robert Downy jr.

He was born to play Tony Stark.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back